cumulative power generation logging

Started by leeelson, May 20, 2014, 03:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeelson

I'm eligible for Renewable Energy Credits and will need to know the cumulative power generated on a certain day (e.g. first of the month) so I can develop a power generated number over a time period, like a month. I don't want to have to monitor the "lifetime" value or add up generated power each day. Is there another way to determine this quantity?

zoneblue

Id say youve about covered the options. The other one would be downloading the csv each month and totalling the production column. Lastly all manner of things are possible using blackbox, get whatever reports you need.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

leeelson

Quote from: zoneblue on May 20, 2014, 03:45:46 PM
Id say youve about covered the options. The other one would be downloading the csv each month and totalling the production column. Lastly all manner of things are possible using blackbox, get whatever reports you need.
I'm new at this, so am unfamiliar with these options. Is there a way to download data in .csv format, other than using the web application, myMidnight? I want to avoid connecting the Classic to the internet. I'd rather just plug into my LAN.

As for blackbox, does it require special hardware? Does it have .csv download capability?

boB

What state are you in ?   Usually your net meter will show what you sold back to the grid.

If you have a battery based grid tie inverter and are using the Classic's kW-hour readings,
that will show higher energy than what is being sold to the utility/grid and will have to
multiply by some nominal efficiency curve.  At outback, we used to multiply kW-hours
by 0.90 (90%)  if a GTFX or GFX battery based inverter was being used.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

leeelson

Quote from: boB on May 20, 2014, 10:59:35 PM
What state are you in ?   Usually your net meter will show what you sold back to the grid.

If you have a battery based grid tie inverter and are using the Classic's kW-hour readings,
that will show higher energy than what is being sold to the utility/grid and will have to
multiply by some nominal efficiency curve.  At outback, we used to multiply kW-hours
by 0.90 (90%)  if a GTFX or GFX battery based inverter was being used.
Nevada, but its complicated. The utility net meter is connected to a legacy system via a Sunny Boy. The new system (with battery backup and Classic) is connected to a Xantrex XW. I need to claim credits for the new production.

zoneblue

In the local app, you can export daily production figures as csv, one day per line. This is from data stored in the classics eprom each night. Thats you best bet really.

Blackbox is a linux web application that runs on a server of some kind, generally small low power boards like Rasberry Pi. Its still under development, but it has very fine grained logging ability at 1s intervals. See http://code.google.com/p/theblackboxproject/
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar