Why I prefer to use remote coms VS the graphics panel's

Started by offgridQLD, November 03, 2015, 04:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offgridQLD

Time's like this you sure appreciate the local app and remote coms :)

The Blue box in the middle is my  BMS (Battery Management System) Or should that be (Battery management Snake)

Anyhow he has a new home in a tree now (I think he misses the gentle warmth of the two contractors in the base of that blue box)

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

Halfcrazy

Yep that would probably have surprised me.....

There may have been a few bullet holes if I had found that  ::)
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

offgridQLD

Only a brown Tree snake (not particularly dangerous unless your a frog, mouse or bird) Though in a small enclosed power room they do frighten the hell out of you when your not expecting them to be in there. At least until you identify what kind of snake it is.

Funny thing is I was in there just hrs after removing him. I was installing some fine mesh on the intake vent to the room to stop anymore entering the room. I was kneeling down screwing the mesh onto the door when a larger green tree snake turned up to the party and poked its head around the door. I think we both got a surprise.  I was like "hang on give me a chance to finish the job and then have a go " :)

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

atop8918

Jeez, make yerself at home why don'tcha? Want a beer or anything? Should I change the channel for you?

offgridQLD

:)Yes I was going to ask him to to let me know when we hit float.

Earlier in the month I came into the room at night and found one on the door frame. So I removed that one . Then went about doing what I had to do in there and could hear something behind me. There is a unused plastic cable tray above the door. I took the cover off and found two more inside the tray.

breading season.

Kurt

Westbranch

THE reason I prefer NZ to OZ?

It all comes down to a Question:  What is the difference between Oz and NZ? 

In NZ nothing will kill ya, in Oz (almost) everything CAN kill ya....

Glad it wasn't a King Brown...

From Wiki"
Pseudechis australis, commonly known as the king brown- or mulga snake, or Pilbara cobra, is a species of venomous snake found in Australia. It is one of the longest venomous snakes in the world...
Mulga snakes are large, venomous snakes growing up to 2.5 to 3.0 m (8.2 to 9.8 ft) in length in the largest specimens, although 1.5 m (4.9 ft) is a more typical length for an average adult.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

RossW

Quote from: Westbranch on November 03, 2015, 12:57:17 PM
Glad it wasn't a King Brown...

They're about in significant numbers at the moment over my way.
3 weeks ago, one of our Alpacas was bitten by a Brown. Poor guy was dead in an hour.
3600W on 6 tracking arrays.
7200W on 2 fixed array.
Midnite Classic 150
Outback Flexmax FM80
16 x LiFePO4 600AH cells
16 x LiFePO4 300AH cells
Selectronics SP-PRO 481 5kW inverter
Fronius 6kW AC coupled inverter
Home-brew 4-cyl propane powered 14kVa genset
2kW wind turbine

offgridQLD

Yes fortunately the king browns are not very common in the Hinterland area where I am.

I have a Redbelly black that lives around my dam. I See him almost every day. Though they are also highly venomous. They are very shy and will do all they can to avoid you. I know his little hang out spots so I can sneak up and spot him bathing on a log or looking around for frogs.

All I have to do is tap my foot on the ground and a little and he is gone. The good thing about red belly black is they hate other snakes. So I have only ever seen him around the dam/shed.

I have a few of the brown tree snakes in the roof of the house (found a lot of skins up there last time I was in the roof. Though I have no mice or rats. Not even one :)

I agree growing up on a farm in the southern states of AU it's the king brown snake that ingrains the respect/fear of venomous snakes. It's a serious snake. You need to know where the nearest place is that has anti venom as you don't have much time to mess about if your unfortunate enough to get a bite. The bad part is even if you do get the treatment while you will most likely live if you get there in time. You can still end up with long term effects like gammy legs, arm.

I don't mind so much seeing the king browns in a paddock it's when you come across one in a chicken shed or some confined space that really gets your  heart rate up :)

Kurt

russ_drinkwater

And for that reason most of my solar equipment is in the house!
Batteries only outside and less chance of a shiny stick being stood on at night! ??? ???
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters