formulating needs for more PV

Started by elesaver, August 19, 2016, 06:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elesaver

Vic, you're a trooper that's for sure!  Thanks for all the support. 

Since Classic #2 only has the primary function of recharging the battery, I have been told that I only need to run both + through breakers to the Classic and the negatives directly to the Classic.   The phone cables to set up the follow me will instruct Classic #2 and it will duplicate the correct stage. 

It's going to take a few days to get "all the stuff" before the actual connection is made.  I'll let you know how things are going!  Once again...thank you, Vic. 
System 1:  CL 150, 6 (300W) Axitech panels, VFX 3524, mini-dc disconnect.  WBjr, 24V Forklift 938 aH.
System 2:  CL 150, 6 (300W) panels, baby box
Classics wired to "follow me"

CDN-VT

Vic, you're a trooper that's for sure!
Times two
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

elesaver

An additional post to celebrate success!  Vic, this one's for you. :-) 

I didn't need to do all the suggested wiring.  Instead, after dividing the fuse bar in the MNPV6 combiner, I now have 3 strings of 2 panels on each part of the fuse bar.  The first run (original) comes in to a mini-dc disconnect where the whizbang, jr, battery, and inverter breaker wiring is and then into the first Classic 150.  The second run (separate incoming wiring) goes into a baby box with breakers for battery and the panels, then into the second Classic 150.  The two Classics are wired for follow-me.

It is working beautifully!  My battery (forklift) goes from bulk into absorb mode which completes around 2 pm.  Float or Float MPPT continues during the rest of the day.   Totally Fabulous.  So glad I went ahead with two Classics so that neither one is "stressed."  Hopefully, they'll last longer.

I appreciate all the help and patience.

System 1:  CL 150, 6 (300W) Axitech panels, VFX 3524, mini-dc disconnect.  WBjr, 24V Forklift 938 aH.
System 2:  CL 150, 6 (300W) panels, baby box
Classics wired to "follow me"

Vic

Hello elesaver,

Thanks for the update.   Sounds like a great solution.  Congratulations,   you are learning a lot!

Nice that you have two Classics.   This allows flexibility,  redundancy,  and happy CCs.

Thanks for posting,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!