Local App BETA software version 0.3.22

Started by Halfcrazy, March 11, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NUMNUM

I  updated the local app today by using the updater in the local app.it now defaults all values checked.also all values are showing on the mane screen.unable to remove amps/watt lines and the screen is 50% smaller due to all values on the screen.some odd numbering is on the left side -5.2444.
error code #2002 comes up when trying to use the app.this is nothing like it was before updating cant help thinking somethings wrong.any ideas

thanks

Halfcrazy

I assume you are talking in the Live Data area of graphing?? I just tried it and get the same thing here. Got an email in to the engineer

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

MauiMur

I downloaded and installed version 0.3.23 this morning and now the live data displays all the values. I have tried to select only one value but it still shows all 12. What's up with that? Hoping someone can help me. Aloha from Maui  8)

Halfcrazy

Yes that was a mistake on Andrews part vs 0.3.24 should fix that. I will test it and get it released asap.

Ryan

djohnm

I'll hang tight and see if 0.3.24 fixes my not being able to access live data at all, as well.

-Dave
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

aroxburgh

Hi Ryan:

Is the Data / Live graph in Local App 0.3.23 in your office test system broken?
What I see here seems to be similar to what others are seeing...Total Amp Hours dominates the graph, and in my case all of the other data is auto-scaled to just a muddy line near zero, since the Ah number is around 13,000. Deselecting "Values to Chart" doesn't work or help the situation.

Hoping that 0.3.24 will be good!  :)

BTW, the hyperlink at the bottom of the page at www.mymidnite.com to get the previous version of the Local App leads to a page that has a missing graphic to click on. 

Al Roxburgh
Surveyor SV-235 travel trailer with 1.2 kW PV (6 x Grape Solar GS-3-195, Unirac Solarmount); MidNite Classic 150, MNBCM; 410 Ah @ 12 V (two Trojan L16RE-B); Magnum MS2812 2800 W pure sine inverter, ME-ARC50, BMK; Magnite E-Panel; power transfer cam switch; Dometic 459530 High Effiency Aircon

Halfcrazy

So 0.3.24 fixed the graphing issue for me. The new version should be available as an update now.

Please let me know about any odd behavior

Ryan

aroxburgh

Ryan:
0.3.24 looks good. Graphing works.  :)
Thanks!
Al Roxburgh
Surveyor SV-235 travel trailer with 1.2 kW PV (6 x Grape Solar GS-3-195, Unirac Solarmount); MidNite Classic 150, MNBCM; 410 Ah @ 12 V (two Trojan L16RE-B); Magnum MS2812 2800 W pure sine inverter, ME-ARC50, BMK; Magnite E-Panel; power transfer cam switch; Dometic 459530 High Effiency Aircon

djohnm

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 12, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
So 0.3.24 fixed the graphing issue for me. The new version should be available as an update now.

Ryan

Ryan-

Same dropbox download link as at the beginning of this thread?

-Dave

(Nevermind. I see the version on the mymidnite page is 0.3.24)
2.15 kW (10 Evergreen ES-A-215), Magnum MS4024, Classic 150, 6 Trojan IND29-4V @ 1570AH. Off grid since 1975.

djohnm

Just circling back on the resolution of my problem with live data. Upgrading to version 0.3.24 did not help with my 'failure to load live data' problem. Even re-installing older versions of the local app that used to work correctly no longer did. For the heck of it I ran sysWOW64 and checked the logs and saw a number of error messages referring to the store. So, after uninstalling and re-installing different versions of the local app a couple times I saw that an uninstall did not remove the local app data store, C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\com.midnitesolar.LocalStatusPanel\Local Store (which should have been obvious to me, given that a new install always retains the old live data). I renamed that directory, reinstalled the local app ver. 0.3.24 to create a new local store, and live data worked. I was even able to copy back from the re-named directory *most* of the old data I had (I didn't bother with April's data, about the time I started having problems). Undoubtedly, something had gotten corrupted in the local store files and the app just stalled trying to access it.

Just thought I'd post the resolution to this in case it might help anyone else.

-Dave

Halfcrazy

Dave
Thank you for coming back and telling us what the issue was. This should help in the future with other similar issues.

Ryan