A CLASSIC PRODUCT ADDITION ???

Started by Barry Fields, May 09, 2024, 10:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Fields

Quote from: boB on June 17, 2024, 11:04:03 PMBut the WB Jr. is 16 bit accuracy.  +/-  15 bits actually.

Then the BBMT would need a better MCU ADC. Before I suggest a stm32H, do the Hawks Bay and Barcelona use a MCU with those capabilities (4bank differential current inputs + a couple extras for BattV)? I love standardization.

Quote from: boB on June 17, 2024, 11:04:03 PMYou know, remote sense is nice when there is a lot of drop across that battery to CC cable but it isn't always necessary because as the battery gets full, the current goes way down during the absorb time.  That is, unless there are large loads on the battery at that time in which case you would not have been able to put out much bulk current before the voltage had risen to Absorb.

I would argue that a tenth or two of voltage inaccuracy isn't a big problem, even for most lithium.

I agree but when that differential approaches .5v and above it would interfere with absorb times and actual float voltage. Once it gets to 1v and above it should trigger some sort of warning of connection issues.
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.

Barry Fields

Quote from: boB on June 17, 2024, 11:04:03 PMBut the WB Jr. is 16 bit accuracy.  +/-  15 bits actually.

Then the BBMT would need a better MCU ADC. Before I suggest a stm32H, do the Hawks Bay and Barcelona use a MCU with those capabilities (4bank differential current inputs + a couple extras for BattV)? I love standardization.

Can I ask what MCU is used in the Hawkes bay and Barcelona?
20 years experience in Field Service and Engineering Support in life support equipment and the computer Industry.
I pride myself in diagnostic skills and NOT knowing everything. I do know how to ask the right questions of those who should know the answers. I can do this politely.