News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie Fault - Over Current L1/L2 & Cont L1/L2

Started by aaapilot, June 27, 2024, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Hi all.  Received a replacement reconditioned Rosie from Midnite while my original is being repaired.  Connected it and ran thru the Start-up instructions.  Battery bank good at 53.45V, turn on Rosie battery switch, same DC voltage on the Rosie terminal.  Fans start and stop like normal start, flashing RED fault light on MNGP2 while I enter name, date, etc.  Once those are entered and setup numbers entered, solid RED fault light, Rosie Faults & Warning page lists 4 faults:  Over Current L1, Over Current Cont L1, Over Current L2, Over Current Cont L2.  Reset to factory defaults ... same response.  All AC in & out CB are off. 0V AC on Rosie's AC L1 OUT & Neutral, same for AC L2 OUT.  Can't go back to previous Firmware as the current firmware is the Factory firmware and Previous shows 0.0.0.  Perhaps there's a testing 'setting' that didn't get cleared or jumper?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks all.
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

qrper

I'm going to toss this out and see if it sticks.

Sounds like software to me, but grab your VOM and with all power off, including battery, check for continuity between the ac out CB to ground and neutral. Check on the Roise side of the CB. There shouldn't be any! There might be a short that Rosie sees at start up and thus shuts down.

With a bright light, see if there are any strands of wire that got between the CB lugs.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

aaapilot

Quote from: qrper on June 28, 2024, 10:45:00 AMI'm going to toss this out and see if it sticks.

Sounds like software to me, but grab your VOM and with all power off, including battery, check for continuity between the ac out CB to ground and neutral. Check on the Roise side of the CB. There shouldn't be any! There might be a short that Rosie sees at start up and thus shuts down.

With a bright light, see if there are any strands of wire that got between the CB lugs.

Mike

Thanks Mike, tested as you said, no shorts to ground/neutral at the AC OUT CB.  I have a Rosie E-panel, so those wires were never disturbed when the old Rosie was removed and this replacement installed, but still worth testing.  I also disconnected the Surge Protector for grins from the AC OUT just in-case it had shorted somehow and was causing an issue ... no change.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _

qrper

Quote from: aaapilot on June 28, 2024, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: qrper on June 28, 2024, 10:45:00 AMI'm going to toss this out and see if it sticks.

Mike

Thanks Mike, tested as you said, no shorts to ground/neutral at the AC OUT CB.  I have a Rosie E-panel, so those wires were never disturbed when the old Rosie was removed and this replacement installed, but still worth testing.  I also disconnected the Surge Protector for grins from the AC OUT just in-case it had shorted somehow and was causing an issue ... no change.

Dave

Well poop!

Did you have a short between L2 and L1? I'm sure you checked.

Kinda wondering if there wasn't something that got knocked out of place and is sitting between a resistor and a control line.
Any rattles or loose stuff bouncing around?

I guess all things are possible, but for shits and grins, and if you can do it, I'd reset Rosie back to factory firmware and reupload the latest firmware. Could be nothing more than a corrupt file

keep us all posted!

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Wizbandit

I was looking for this serial number...  This Rosie was slide the wrong way on the repair bench, boxed as V-Stock and shipped out.  It needs TLC by "Patrick the Rosie repair Guy" so I'm sending out a working unit today and a call tag to get this girl back home.

Patrick is Sorry :(
Patrick needs a vacation :)

aaapilot

Thank you James for getting this cleared up so quickly!  No bad juju beads toward Patrick, my glass house has plenty of cracks in it!! :))))). Appreciate all you folks do.

Dave
_ _ _ _ _