Just a thought now we can talk.

Started by nigel, January 03, 2012, 04:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel

Hi

I havent got a Classic Installed yet but I have them in stock now for Europe ! So I dont know if this already possible or a simple tweak that could be added in the future ? Milllie can talk, I assume with pre recorded data. But I was thinking for us off gridders with non tech siblings and she who  is to be obeyed. Assuming that most people have the Power house outside or isolate from the daily living area, then using an inexpensive baby monitor which uses the AC line as a connection between recieve and transmit. The the reciever could be placed next to the Classic and then transmitted in the living quarters. Then programme Millie (say 30 for minutes in to absorb cycle ) to play a recorded message looping every few minutes something of the effect . Your Batteries are nearly full, if its still sunny (windy) (amplewater) nows the time to get that extra wash done, or some ironing, of put the slow cooker on for tea, lots of love hubby.

I know this may cause the wife some irritation if this blasted on for the rest of the day, but because its a baby monitor she  can switch it off in the living quarters. Or you can wire it as such that it only goes off when she who must be obeyed applies a load that drops it out of absorband back to bulk. That sounds better :o

The question Im asking is in the future would it be possible to record our own personal message for our dear family to extract maximum harvest form our RE and assign it to a voice command.

I think my wife would be really impressed.  ;D 

Nigel

boB

Quote from: nigel on January 03, 2012, 04:34:36 PM

The question Im asking is in the future would it be possible to record our own personal message for our dear family to extract maximum harvest form our RE and assign it to a voice command.

I think my wife would be really impressed.  ;D 

Nigel

I don't see why this can't eventually be added, Nigel.   I would love to have this as well.
Maybe not on the absolutely first release.....
It's just SMOP,  (Simple Matter Of Programming),  right ???

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

laszlo

Apropos that, what's happening with the voice capability?

I have not been able to coax any voice out of the remote, only a simple beep. Maybe you guys can do another of those quirky videos on this topic. :)

4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

boB

Quote from: laszlo on January 08, 2012, 03:54:41 PM
Apropos that, what's happening with the voice capability?

I have not been able to coax any voice out of the remote, only a simple beep. Maybe you guys can do another of those quirky videos on this topic. :)

Hi laszlo !

Yeah, it's not there yet.  The hardware is in there though.   Just have some other features to finish first and then it should talk.
It will take a while to upload the voices to the MNGP though at first...  We'll try to make it as painless as we can.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me