Classic Display Reading All Zeros

Started by Wxboy, March 24, 2014, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wxboy

I've had my Classic 150 for 2 years now and yesterday for the first time all of the display fields on the MNGP were reading zero.  This was in the middle of the day while it was charging the batteries.  In the morning it was working normally and then around 2pm I noticed the zeros.  I waited a few minutes to see if it would correct itself during a sweep and it didn't so after 4 hours I decided to reset it with a power cycle.  During the zero dispay time the whizbang Jr. was not reading correctly(frozen at 6.9 amps) and I could not connect with the local app.  After the reset everything is working fine.  I'm not sure if anyone else has reported a similar situation.  I woudl be more concerned if it stopped charging but it was generating power during the incident.  I put a clamp meter on the wire and the Classic was putting out 20 amps.  I took a picture of the occurrence but I'm not sure it's worth posting. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

It may be that the modbus address got changed somehow and did not match the MNGPs address.
That will also cause this displaying 0 behavior.  The MNGP will be set to address 10 for this
to happen though, otherwise the display will show "unused modbus address"

So, it was putting out current but the Local App was not talking with the Classic during this
zero display period ?  That is strange.  The local app should have talked with the Classic
at least.

Keep watching this and let us know if it does it again.   What is the firmware version again ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Wxboy

I only tried the local app. a couple of times during the 4 hour event but when I did try to access it I could not.  Once I did the reset it connected right away. 

I am running the latest production 2/20 firmware. 
Midnite Classic 150, 765 watt array, Outback Radian GS4048A inverter, 200ah 48v agm battery bank

boB

OK, how long have you had this Classic running without showing those zeros ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

southernbaja

I also have seen this screen with all zeros. It happened twice this last week.
I had to do a reset to both times to get it to  respond. I thought it might be a fluke but  looks like someone else has seen it also I am running the latest firmware.

Wxboy

Quote from: boB on March 25, 2014, 07:34:31 PM

OK, how long have you had this Classic running without showing those zeros ?

boB

I've had the Classic for 2 years and this is the first time I've seen this.