Stopped working

Started by Tons001, November 19, 2013, 09:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tons001

Did anyone else's my midnite stop working? It appears that it stopped receiving data from the classic around 2:39pm yesterday. The local app is working fine. Is there something I should do on my end? Thanks!
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

atop8918

Hi,
Nothing changed on the server end. Have a quick look at the FAQ and see if any of that helps you out...

https://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/17

Tons001

So restarting the Classic solved the problem. However the restart caused my WBjr energy to go from -122Ah to -94Ah. I wonder what happened to those -28Ah in the 30 seconds it took for the Classic to restart?
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

atop8918

You must have just missed a solar prominence !

boB

Quote from: Tons001 on November 19, 2013, 09:31:28 AM
So restarting the Classic solved the problem. However the restart caused my WBjr energy to go from -122Ah to -94Ah. I wonder what happened to those -28Ah in the 30 seconds it took for the Classic to restart?

The Classic stores the Amp-Hours into EEprom at night (23:59).  If you reboot the Classic at another time,
the newly added A-hours will be lost.

Now, if wanted, you CAN actually force the Classic to increment the day (without changing the date) by going
to the LOGS menu, DAILY menu and then hold down the LEFT-ARROW key and with another finger,
or whatever, press the ENTER key.  It should say "NEW DAY".

Before powering off the Classic, check to make sure that at least the kW-Hours on the main status
screen has gone to zero.  Some times you have to do the new day thing twice... Not exactly sure
why yet.  Then it should be good to reset and not lose those Amp-Hours.

Doing this however may keep the Classic from adding to the Daily Logs for your second part of
that day.  If done in the evening, then it won't matter as the date will be ready for the next
day of logging tomorrow morning.

This is just a way of doing this without having to stay up past midnight to reset the Classic,
or to have to temporarily change the time to 23:58 and waiting a minute or two and then
setting the time and date back to today's date.  Yes, that's another way to do this but more trouble of course.

More "silly charge controller tricks" that we never saw on the David Letterman show.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

shadow44

Mine stopped at midnight last night. 11pm for the controller. No data since. whatsupwiththat? :'(

boB

Quote from: shadow44 on November 24, 2013, 08:27:43 AM
Mine stopped at midnight last night. 11pm for the controller. No data since. whatsupwiththat? :'(

oh.  Just saw this post...

What is going on, Shadow ?   Which data ?  Is it still happening ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me