Resetting local ap (& avoiding the need to)

Started by kitestrings, March 08, 2014, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitestrings

Hi Folks,

Not too serious, but I'm having a sporadic, recurring problem with the Local Status Panel not always searching in.  It works fine for awhile, but every so often I start up my PC and it won't connect.  I've found that if I power down the Classic for a second, and bring it back up that it restores things to normal.  what I don't like about this is 1) I can't power down if it is windy (wind mode), and 2) I have to reset the date and time each time.  I assume there may be a better way to do this, or to avoid the need.

Some details: the Classic is connected with a CAT5 cable to my Linksys (E1200), then it's wireless to my laptop.  The cable is longer than needed.  I think it is 50', and a ~25' 'ter would probably get it (it was just what I had).  I think I read where this can be a contributor. Auto-detect is enabled.  The net connection is set for Static mode; IP: 192.168.1.130.  I haven't done the latest software update, currently: Classic Rev 1401; Network rev 1194.

Appreciate any tips.  Thanks, ~ks

TomW

ks;

I would update the firmware on that Classic. It sure seems to have fixed that issue here.

I have 2 Classics one with FW 1758 and Network 1674 and One with FW 1754 & network 1674. I don't see that issue like I used to so I think it was fixed along the way? Some still have the connection issue but I do not so I suggest an update.

Just a first thought.

Firmware and instructions are over here:

http://midnitesolar.com/firmware.php?firmwareProduct_ID=1

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

kitestrings

Thanks Tom,

I'll give that a try as soon as I can get to it and report back.  Kind regards, ~ks