RV Solar - Classic Settings Question(s)

Started by Smitty77, November 29, 2013, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resthome

Quote from: Smitty77 on March 22, 2014, 06:47:35 PM

Resthome, thanks for reconfirming what I thought I had read about the WBjr. I do currently depend upon the BMK Meter's data more then the Classic's info. So I need to read up on what the impact will be to the data displayed on the BMK. And that is where the reading and learning about the APP may let me feel comfortable using it's data in place of the BMK's.

Best,
Smitty

Smitty, no need to stop using the BMK's data if you like it. The WBjr mounts on the same shunt and MidNite provides the spacers and screws to allow both the Classic and the BMK systems to use the same shunt. So you can use either system or both.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Smitty77

Thanks John, and all.

Just ordered the WBjr, and hope I don't go thru the 'Burn as you learn!' phase when upgrading the software and installing it. This will also give me the chance to walk thru all of the settings to confirm the voltage and timing parameters are set to match what Lifeline recommended.

Heck, I'm still trying to match my mind about the waves from the Big Bang being found. What the heck is 100 trillion trillion expansion almost simultaneously - closes I've ever seen to that is the lid coming off of a box of Sees candy in family holiday get togethers!

Sure is an interesting universe, or two, or three, or etc. - we live in...
Best,
Smitty

Smitty77

Quote from: Resthome on March 22, 2014, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: tednruthy on March 22, 2014, 01:11:31 PM
The Whiz Bang works fine but is redundant to the Magnum BMK.  We spend too much time hooked up to shore power

Ted :)
Ted, the WBjr isn't redundant if you want to use End Amps to terminate your absorb charging when the batteries are fully charged. Without the WBjr the Classic can not determine what is going to the battery verses what is going to your loads. So unless you have a constant load that does not vary you can't set End Amps and make it work without a WBjr.

My wife asked me 'Why buy more parts for the SP!'. And I told her that this small investment, should help us to get the max life out of the Lifeline's. I said that the Classic knowing the End Amps feature, would reduce the absorb to the shortest amount of time as possible for the condition of the battery. And this should yield longer life.

So, did I get this right? Longer potential life for the Lifelines? Other 'selling points' I should stress too:)! I have ordered it, but that does not protect me from the 'You buy all of these gadgets...' look.

TIA,
Smitty

boB

Yes, it should help with the lifetime of the lifelines.

Make sure to give those batteries a good HoweverManyHourNeeded Absorb once every couple of weeks
or so though to reduce sulfation.  Ending on End Amps is a good thing but the batteries also like
to have that mini-EQ cycle once in a while.

However, it may be that your batteries discharge enough and often enough that you have a nice long
absorb time more often than every week or two so you wouldn't have to worry about that so much.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me