Classic stays in float (wbjr installed)

Started by laszlo, April 13, 2014, 10:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laszlo

I played with the end amps menu and now my classic stays in float even after reverting all settings to original. Classic has also been reset after all this.

What can I do other than manually forcing bulk to make classic to go though normal charge cycles? I have tried setting finish amps to zero but cc still not coming out of float.

Thanks for your help . My system is 193 on mymidnite. Yesterday I did manual force bulk but today it is back to float.

4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Westbranch

What was EA set at before you set it to zero?  I would think that it needed to be raised rather than lowered, as lowering it would extend the time to achievement.
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

laszlo

Set end amps to 5 amps at first. This is normally what I see when it's in float. Will try setting it higher. Thanks for suggestion, Westbranch.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Vic

Hi Laszlo,

What FirmWare version are you running on this Classic?

In the Advanced menu,  what is the Days til Bulk value set to?

If Days til Bulk is not 0,  the Classic will begin the day in Float MPPT (until Vfloat is reached,  then it will be in Float),  and stay in Float all day,  FWIW.

What is the Absorb time set to?

There might be some subtleties regarding weather the Classic resets at Midnight,   etc.   

Guess that you are saying that you can initiate a Bulk cycle by 'Forcing Bulk' (?).

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

laszlo

Thanks everyone who responded. The solution was to set the "REBULK VOLTS" to 49V , ie something more reasonable than the 6V setting it had by default on my controller.

boB

Quote from: laszlo on April 15, 2014, 02:54:43 PM
Thanks everyone who responded. The solution was to set the "REBULK VOLTS" to 49V , ie something more reasonable than the 6V setting it had by default on my controller.

yes, this may work.

The reason that 6V is the default is that 6V (or less) will work for ANY battery voltage and is, as intended,
basically "disabled" being down at such a low voltage for Rebulk...

So, what might be happening is that at 49V, it is always keeping you in bulk.

But I guess I don't quite understand (or did not read enough of this thread) why your Classic
is not Absorbing.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

zoneblue

FOr my money days between bulk the most likely cause.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

laszlo

My settings:

Terminate Rebulk   Days-Between

4              49             6

Will let you now how it works in a couple days.

Vic

Hi Laszlo,

OK,  BUT,  as stated before,  When Days Between Bulk is 0,  the Classic will begin a new Bulk cycle EVERY DAY.

When any number other than 0 for days between is entered,  the Classic will NOT Bulk until this number is counted-down (one day per count)  until the number, ZERO, is reached -- and that means that your Classic will begin each charge cycle in Float MPPT,  each of those count down days,  and will stay in Float MPPT,  until the Float voltage setting is reached.  When Vfloat (you set)  is  reached,  the Classic will say Float,  maintaining Vfloat  until the sun fades for each of those days.  On day 0,  the full charge cycle will be done.  On the day following this full charge cycle,  the Days Between number is again loaded,  and a full charge cycle will NOT be done until this number is counted down,  and so on.

The above is lots of words.  Perhaps that attempted description is still a bit confusing.

Vic

Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

laszlo

Thanks Vic.  I will look at what the CC  does tomorrow morning, whether it starts in float  or bulk, and adjust my days-between settings.  If anybody is using the ending amps settings, is there some log entry or registry if this  is reached? Today I think CC went into float based on time, not on ending amps.

Westbranch

If it went to float based on time then it means , to me, that either EA value is (still)  too low or Time is too sort, or you may need a longer absorb.... What was the MX 60 doing at that time?

ps what batteries do you use?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Resthome

Quote from: laszlo on April 15, 2014, 05:51:06 PM
Thanks Vic.  I will look at what the CC  does tomorrow morning, whether it starts in float  or bulk, and adjust my days-between settings.  If anybody is using the ending amps settings, is there some log entry or registry if this  is reached? Today I think CC went into float based on time, not on ending amps.

If you let the Local App Version 0.3.60 run you can then download a CVC file that you can load into Excel. The new version provides a lot of the WBjr data You need to check off all the possible items to Chart one of which is WBjr Amps and then Export. You should see the Charge State change when the WBjr Amps reaches your EA setting and holds it for >1min. In the Config section under the Tech tab make sure to check use WBJr for End Amps
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA