Where are the Watts? Classic Lite 150

Started by BlueSolar, November 18, 2014, 07:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

Quote from: Robin on November 20, 2014, 01:09:09 PM
I'm sorry, but you need to put a real solar panel on your test system. You cannot test it without a real solar panel.

Yep, its like you are testing a normally 400 horse muscle car with a 5 horse briggs and Stratton in place of the big block Turbo V8. It won't perform much if at all.

Just saying..

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

vtmaps

Sorry for sounding grumpy, but we need Bob to be working on the inverter.
Especially, I hope, the low  lower  lowest conceivable tare loss   8)   --vtMaps

BlueSolar

Robin you are correct, grumpy but correct  :P and I will make the change.

I am working with my supplier now for some 30w panels.

Thanks for your patience all with this solar-noob.

Blue  :-X

Halfcrazy

Quote from: TomW on November 20, 2014, 01:16:48 PM
I'm sorry, but you need to put a real solar panel on your test system. You cannot test it without a real solar panel.

Yep, its like you are testing a normally 400 horse muscle car with a 5 horse briggs and Stratton in place of the big block Turbo V8. It won't perform much if at all.

Just saying..

Tom

Tom I bout spit my Jack Daniels all over the monitor. This is just %@* backwards from what I would have done. I would have tried to wedge the big block chevy into my snapper lawn mower. "Hold my Beer and watch this"

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Halfcrazy

Quote from: BlueSolar on November 20, 2014, 03:01:34 PM
Robin you are correct, grumpy but correct  :P and I will make the change.

I am working with my supplier now for some 30w panels.

Thanks for your patience all with this solar-noob.

Blue  :-X

Blue
No worries, we are all here to learn and try stuff. Some work and some don't. Some ideas are good and some.. Well here is my wifes car :) This got real interesting at about 45MPH the furling worked and the blade tips where wizzing by the drivers windshield :)

Ryan

Doug

You're right Ryan,
That has Red Green written all over it.

Halfcrazy

Another one for scale. (FYI this really may not be a good idea but hey it worked)

BlueSolar

That is truly awesome!  :o Thanks for posting that turbine-on-wheels rig!

In order to push the boundaries we need to be a bit creative come crazy so you really made my day, and I know now that I am in the right place.

Blue  ;D

pechan

I'm sorry, but you need to put a real solar panel on your test system. You cannot test it without a real solar panel. We cannot devote anymore of Bob's time to this unless a real solar panel is connected. Bob is trying to work on an inverter design and this is not helping much.
Sorry for sounding grumpy, but we need Bob to be working on the inverter.

Is this the official Inverter Announcement?

ClassicCrazy

Ryan ,
I want to see you get that wind generator hooked up on the bicycle with training wheels on it that is leaning up on the fence shown in the photo so it will be human powered !
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Robin

First of all, I am surprised Ryan is still alive after using his wife's car for turbine testing.
We are working on a few different inverters. they will take a long time before they are ready, but this will be the place where we will be testing them.
Too soon to be taking any orders yet.
To make things a bit quicker and easier, the first inverter will have the word "Wind" in the name. There will be a turbine to go with it.
Robin Gudgel

BlueSolar

Short update so I do not upset the professionals too much.  :o

The settings and configuration recommendations provided by Bob allowed the Classic Lite to see the small panels and the sun here in the Pacific North West did make an appearance... 8)

Let the testing begin... now back to that car turbine.. ;)

Blue