A Video Tour of MidNite Solar's Operations - interesting!

Started by Vic, May 26, 2015, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vic

Just saw a link to this video -- a tour of MN Solar and the folks who do the work   ...   interesting.  Thanks again MN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIQ152qusQ&feature=youtu.be

Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

DMJ72

I started watching this last night and could not put it down. Fascinating stuff.

I get the impression people really love working there .. like one big extended family.
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Halfcrazy

Quote from: DMJ72 on May 26, 2015, 07:30:39 PM
I started watching this last night and could not put it down. Fascinating stuff.

I get the impression people really love working there .. like one big extended family.

It really is one big family. I would say that every one that works here looks forward to coming in the door in the AM. We have a great bunch of people working here for sure.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Vic

Hi DMJ72,  and HC Ryan,

YES!  It really does seem that MidNite Solar is very much a happy family,  that love their work,  creating,  building, shipping,  supporting (etc) their great and innovative products.

Have the highest respect for MidNite Solar,  and the ethics of the company,  Founders and employees.   And that many of the MN folks really seem to be having FUN!

Am also quite impressed that MN produces so many very useful and novel products.

Thanks for the view inside MidNite -  very interesting!   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Westbranch

I noticed they really seemed to ignore the camera and boB,  does he do that sort of thing, walk around taking pics, on a regular basis???

Was that John from the 'How to wire up a Classic and an E-panel' the same person we see in the wiring section and then loading the delivery truck the same person ?
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Westbranch on May 30, 2015, 07:36:28 PM
I noticed they really seemed to ignore the camera and boB,  does he do that sort of thing, walk around taking pics, on a regular basis???

Was that John from the 'How to wire up a Classic and an E-panel' the same person we see in the wiring section and then loading the delivery truck the same person ?

Yes boB does tend to wander around from time to time and people are used to it. As for John yes that is the same John from the videos

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

boB

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 31, 2015, 05:20:09 PM
Quote from: Westbranch on May 30, 2015, 07:36:28 PM

Yes boB does tend to wander around from time to time and people are used to it. As for John yes that is the same John from the videos

Ryan

Yes !  Right !  We can't afford more than one John so we have to re-use him for multiple tasks.  He's a very good soul and
also makes great egg-salad sandwiches !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me