Seward, AK system

Started by toothy, June 29, 2015, 01:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toothy

Here is some of what I've put together.

I just installed the 16 Aquion batteries a few weeks ago. The Xantrex SW's are for charging only but function fine as inverters if the need arises. The Outbacks make my lights flicker when charging so, one iny Xantrex, one outy, Outback, and no flicker with simple redundant back-up.

Sorry about the fuzzy pictures but 400kb limits quality a bit and most weren't that good to begin with.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

Halfcrazy

Pretty cool. I am liking the Aquins, I especially love how they do not care if they get a full charge
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

xolar

Wow, those batteries have nice foot print how many ah

toothy

A total of 816 Ah for these second generation stacks, but there are no more of these. Gen 3 I believe have less claimed Ah but that is probably because they tightened the volt range.

I think they make me happier every day, not having to babysit them, laying my tools anywhere I want, not thinking about the last time I made it to float, but winter may be another matter.

I just need to figure out how to get the Wbjr a bit closer, but I'm not sure why I really care, must be a hold over from the bad old Fla days.

They went online on June 16 and they have not been below 50v accept on a momentary load driven basis since. That is solar only and we have had some good and some crap weeks since.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

EW Zuber

Just saw your post and the system in  Seward. We were just there a month ago as we live in Sterling. I'm surprised to read that the Outbacks cause flickering during charging. I have not experienced that in any of my systems.
Nice to see some local solar power. I would think that wind might be a viable option there as well.
I sold a Whisper 1KW turbine off Bear Lake Rd but that was a long time ago and it's probably gone now.
(6) Solar World 175 watt, (14) Arco Solar 33 Watt, (15) REC 250 watt, 2KW Whirlwind turbine on 85' rohn 25 tower, Outback VFX 3648, Outback FM80 and Midnite Classic 150 w/WBJR, ( 8 ) Trojan L-16REB, 
WL7BDK

toothy

EW,

I think my flickering has stopped bugging me or has gone away. Watching things more than you should is probably a bad idea so I gave up. Over on the Outback forum the flicker has been  discussed a good bit over the years.

We have a Kestrel 1Kw and the neighbor has a Bergey 1kw, they do their thing just not often enough to justify the cost.

That Whisper was on the shore of Bear lake for a good while but I believe it has been gone for several years.

Later
Wade