Classic 150 dead after trying latest Firmware upgrade

Started by hema, June 24, 2017, 01:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hema

Hi all

It was again the time of year when I get to summer house and do the maintenance tasks like upgrading Classic firmware.

This time there was a neat new software and I thought it would not take more than half an hour. I was wrong.
Classic was detected, I switched it on and off and on again. Upgrade started, latest software, downloaded day before yesterday.
Upgrading started very slow, with the progress bar growing 30% per hour. I ran out of laptop battery around 2 hours so it never finished.

HW reset has no effect. VMM seems to do something but when MNGP tries to contact Classic, it just hangs.
PC "detects classic when booted but new firmware upgrades try to finish for 3 hours. And do nothing.

All three LEDs are lit.

Is there anything I can do or is the unit dead?

Hema from arctic circle

Westbranch

Do you have a generator that you can use?

You did not I hope get the down load for "voice" for the Classic?   :o  :'(
The voice option takes 3 hours or more to load.... :-[
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

hema

Quote from: Westbranch on June 24, 2017, 02:43:04 PM
Do you have a generator that you can use?

You did not I hope get the down load for "voice" for the Classic?   :o  :'(
The voice option takes 3 hours or more to load.... :-[

Yeah, I am on Diesel power now.

Classic is all zeros and GOT COMM.

File that I tried to upload is "Classic_Control_150_2126_1-2-2017.ctl 276KB"
... that should hardly take 3 hours.

So next logical step is to order FlexMax 60?

bee88man

Call Tech Support, they will steer you to have Classic joy again.

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: hema on June 24, 2017, 01:51:31 PM
Hi all

It was again the time of year when I get to summer house and do the maintenance tasks like upgrading Classic firmware.

This time there was a neat new software and I thought it would not take more than half an hour. I was wrong.
Classic was detected, I switched it on and off and on again. Upgrade started, latest software, downloaded day before yesterday.
Upgrading started very slow, with the progress bar growing 30% per hour. I ran out of laptop battery around 2 hours so it never finished.

HW reset has no effect. VMM seems to do something but when MNGP tries to contact Classic, it just hangs.
PC "detects classic when booted but new firmware upgrades try to finish for 3 hours. And do nothing.

All three LEDs are lit.

Is there anything I can do or is the unit dead?

Hema from arctic circle

You did the hardware reset using the jumpers ?
I would think that would do it - try that hardware reset again
You followed the instructions at the bottom of this page exactly ?
http://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=9&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit
Also you didn't say if you were using Window 10 or Windows 7 ?
I would say give it a try again with jumper reset and follow exactly directions for Windows type.
Yes the first update for firmware should only take a few minutes. The second update for the MNGP will take longer like 10 or 15 minutes.
I would use the 2126 firmware on the linked page and if you get it all running okay again then you can go on to the BETA software if you still want to give it a try . Both the firmware and the MNGP Beta will load exactly as 2126 . The voice files if you want to load those take 3 hours but you load those via router instead of usb. There are detailed instruction on Beta forum topic.
But I think you should use link above and give that a try again .

Hope you report back success soon !
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

boB

Yeah, that update to 2126 should only take a couple of minutes to transfer.

This might be a problem with the windows version (7, vs 10 etc.) or maybe the midnite updater softare
being incompatible with that particular OS.

Calling Midnite help should get you pointed in the correct direction.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

KyleM

After all the great advice you have received the only thing I would add is get a new UBS MICRO cable.

I have seen old or incompatible cables dramatically slow down updates. Even if they work on other devices.

Kyle