12v Wind Curve for Lithium given to me by Missouri Wind/Solar

Started by LightPower, February 13, 2021, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightPower

I just wanted to post this 16-Step 12v Wind Curve for the Classic 150 I got from Missouri W & S by writing to them.
(since the Manual only provides a Curve for 24v & 48v- and I have looked everywhere for a 12v Curve).
This accounts for the additional 33% above Battery Voltage required for Classic "Wake-up" at STEP 1 (according to the Manual (pg. 34):

The image above is a Screenshot of their email to me.

I specifically have a Pre-Wired VRD (Voltage reduction) Unit with a 3-phase 12v (AC Wild) 9-Blade 1600watt Freedom PMG Turbine wired in through Rectifiers via Aux 1 - charging TWO 12v Battleborn 100ah Batteries in Parallel.

It seems to me, to have too little Amperage per Step- So I may adjust a few steps.
Any opinions otherwise would be appreciated.
-jdub
x50 FirstSolar 105w 86.2VOC CdTe Solar Panels
x1 Pre-Wired VRD unit w/ a MidNite Classic 150 wired to a  9-Blade 1600watt Freedom PMG Wind Turbine (from Missouri Wind & Solar)
x1 Whiz Bang Jr
x1 2014 Nissan Leaf EV
x1 24v 3kw BatteryEVO LifePO4 170Ah Battery Box w/ BMS
24v Midnite DIY Inverter

boB

Zero amps for the "cutin"  voltage of 18V sounds about right to me actually.

You cannot start up with any amperage.  It has to start from 0.0 amps.  But you have to have the input voltage be above the battery voltage to even try charging the battery in the first place...  So, 18V does sound about right.

One day it would really be nice for the controller to "learn" the best power curve.  Unfortunately, to characterize a particular make and model of wind turbine, you would have to rent time on a real wind-tunnel which could cost around $10,000 to $20,000 or so from what I have seen.

We tried to make our own but doesn't work too well over around 75 to one hundred watts.

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

mike90045

There is always the redneck trick of mounting the turbine on a pickup truck and driving at various speeds.  But you have to rig up a fixture to keep the blades off the windshield, and have a long track to run along
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

LightPower

Quote from: mike90045 on February 14, 2021, 01:41:15 AM
There is always the redneck trick of mounting the turbine on a pickup truck and driving at various speeds.  But you have to rig up a fixture to keep the blades off the windshield, and have a long track to run along

I remember seeing a Youtube Video of someone attempting to do that, but to no avail.
Was that you?
x1 Pre-Wired VRD unit w/ a MidNite Classic 150 wired to a  9-Blade 1600watt Freedom PMG Wind Turbine (from Missouri Wind & Solar)
x1 Whiz Bang Jr
x1 2014 Nissan Leaf EV
24v Midnite DIY Inverter

LightPower

Quote from: boB on February 13, 2021, 07:32:46 PM

Zero amps for the "cutin"  voltage of 18V sounds about right to me actually.

You cannot start up with any amperage.  It has to start from 0.0 amps.  But you have to have the input voltage be above the battery voltage to even try charging the battery in the first place...  So, 18V does sound about right.

One day it would really be nice for the controller to "learn" the best power curve.  Unfortunately, to characterize a particular make and model of wind turbine, you would have to rent time on a real wind-tunnel which could cost around $10,000 to $20,000 or so from what I have seen.

We tried to make our own but doesn't work too well over around 75 to one hundred watts.

Hey Bob! Nice to see you responding here.

Yeah, I agree. I'm considering using my Guy Wires as Clotheslines so I can reduce the use of my dryer, and save energy when drying my clothes. LOL

My 12v turbine pretty much max's out at about 22-28 Volts (based on some our Windiest days).

I may try to adjust the Amperage UP much steeper on my curve at the "20-Volt" Range in order to maximize my output (as I've learned, this thing would explode before reaching the Full-Voltage capacity of the 150).

I have yet to produce any Net positive Amps thus far. But hoping it will help once I connect to the LocalApp (installing Wifi Bridge now).

Thanks!
x1 Whiz Bang Jr
x1 2014 Nissan Leaf EV
24v Midnite DIY Inverter