Aux1 time setting

Started by kitestrings, March 29, 2022, 02:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitestrings

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.  On one of our controllers we have Aux1 set to PV V on Hi.  Basically it monitors the input voltage and initiates the furling actuator to shut down our turbine when the wind input is above the preset.  It is currently set at V High 117V & V Low 35V.  When I recently hit the time prompt in this menu it reads,

AUX 1 SECONDS

DELAY
0.2.4*1*

HOLD

I don't recall the Delay time in this format.  Just curious if this is 0.2 seconds (2.4 seconds?), and I can ignore the rest, or does the *1* mean anything?

Thanks for any information.  ~ks

boB

WoW !   I do not recall the ON delay time looking like that !

Will have to re-check that for sure.

That should be seconds.   And 0.1 or  0.2 seconds may be a minimum time ?   

I do not remember any other characters in there like you have shown

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

kitestrings

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: kitestrings on March 30, 2022, 10:09:55 AM

My Classic just shows 0.1 on that setting and goes up by 0.1 increments when I press the up button .
Maybe it is something that was fixed on updated firmware or you just need to reset the Classic ?
I am running the newest Classic firmware.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

kitestrings

Okay, thanks Larry.  I'll try repowering it, and if that doesn't work look to do a firmware update.  I'm way behind, but haven't generally had issues.  Thx again.  ~ks

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: kitestrings on March 30, 2022, 03:44:48 PM
Okay, thanks Larry.  I'll try repowering it, and if that doesn't work look to do a firmware update.  I'm way behind, but haven't generally had issues.  Thx again.  ~ks

Do  you have the Local Status app ?
Try writing the setting with that and see if the weird characters go away .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

kitestrings

So, that was interesting.  If I change the time setting, and write to Classic, it makes the change, but keeps the .4*1*

It looks like the time setting is correct .2 entered will save as 0.2.4*1*

boB

Thanks for posting the picture of that screen.

It kind of looks to me like those extra characters are left over from a previous screen or setting and was not properly filled with blank spaces.

I will see if I can duplicate it.

I am guessing that what you see there will depend on what was showing earlier at some point, either on that same AUX 1 screen or from another MNGP screen.

Either way, what you showed should not be displayed that way.  All software has bugs of some sort and this is no exception, unfortunately.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

maybe unplugging the mngp and plugging it back in will clear it ?

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

kitestrings

That worked!

Thank you both.  You guys rock.

boB

Quote from: kitestrings on March 31, 2022, 07:15:46 AM
That worked!

Thank you both.  You guys rock.

WoW !  Great !

BUT you should not have had to do that.

If I had noticed this particular screen screwing up, I would have fixed it long ago.  i.e.  Made it start off with a bunch of spaces or have it clear the ASCII buffer or whatever necessary.

I will ad this to the bug list for the Classic

Thanks !

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me