conditions for rebulk to trigger

Started by jtdiesel65, April 05, 2022, 03:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtdiesel65

Hi,

I'm seeing my 150s apparently doing a rebulk. I have absorb=56.4, float=54.4, and rebulk at 53. This is 1120AH lithium, Sometimes this happens in full sun and no loads that would trigger a voltage drop to 53. Are there other conditions that would cause the controller to drop back into bulk from float?

thx

Vic

Hi jt..,

It sure looks like it IS ReBulk which is doing this.

Here is some discussion on this topic:

http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=2295.msg21678#msg21678

FWIW,  Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

jtdiesel65

Thanks.

I just don't see how the CCs are seeing 53 v. Anyway, I set rebulk to 24v which should essentially disable it. I'll keep an eye on it to see what happens. Is there a specific setting to disable it?

thx

ClassicCrazy

There are three articles on lithium in knowledge base .
http://www.midniteftp.com/support/kb/faq.php?cid=1
They talk a bit about rebulk in there.
I just got a jakiper lithium battery but haven't gotten it hooked up yet.
Look in Lithium Batteries section of forums here
Steve S has written about his lithium setpoints for Classic .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

FNG

Bulk can also be triggered by a new day, Make sure your clock is set correctly. I have seen a lot of people get tripped up and set say 2PM for 2:00 not 14:00

jtdiesel65

The clocks were off. I reset the CCs when I moved to LFP. I must have not set the clock. The day was off as well. Looking at mymidnite, it appears they enter bulk at ~11:40AM.   Mymidnite must translate the timestamps it gets to correct time. 11:40AM mymidnite (actual) time is 23:59 CC time. So maybe that explains it. It's a new day.  Interestingly, many days you don't even see double bulk cycles because it's low light and the CC is in bulk when the CC hits the day transition.

So I changed rebulk and the clock and we'll see what happens. Supposed to be sunny today.

thanks!

boB

I  *thought* that the Classic also restarted a Bulk/Absorb if there was at least 3 hours of darkness and PV voltage below battery voltage but maybe I am remembering wrong.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

FNG

Quote from: boB on April 07, 2022, 10:49:47 AM

I  *thought* that the Classic also restarted a Bulk/Absorb if there was at least 3 hours of darkness and PV voltage below battery voltage but maybe I am remembering wrong.

boB

My recolection was:

If clock looked correct IE the year was greater than 2000 ish then it starts a new bulk at 12:00
If clock looked wrong IE the year was less than 2000 it would start a new bulk 2 hrs after the last charging for the day

I may be off on the year but thats what I recall from 10 years ago lol

jtdiesel65

It hasn't done it again. So hopefully it's fixed. 

I think two things were going on. The clock was off so a new day started at 11:40. And then overnight, battery voltage dropped below 53v which was what rebulk was set at. So in the morning, it's in bulk because of rebulk and then at 11:40 it drops to bulk because it's a new day. This is only on sunny days. On cloudy days you wouldn't see any different behavior from correct settings because the CCs are still in bulk at 11:39.

thanks for the help!