Classic spacer on Magnum E-panel

Started by SolarMusher, July 20, 2012, 07:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolarMusher

Hi,
The Magnum e-panel includes just one spacer, it was fine for mounting Outback FM CC but if you want to do a nice job mounting a Classic, one really need two spacers to mount it upright beside the panel. May be it could be a good idea to supply a second spacer for Classic mounting.
Just a suggestion
A+,
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator

Robin

I don't understand? The provided spacer is to mount underneath of the top mount, not on the bottom. The entire mounting is the 1" close nipple at the bottom and the #10 x 1/2" screw with the spacer on the top plastic. I think we even have a video of how to mount a Classic on our website. Not sure how to link it here, but it is on our website where all the other videos are.
Let me know if I am missing something?
Robin Gudgel

SolarMusher

Hi Robin,
QuoteLet me know if I am missing something?
Yes. I'm not talking about the plastic spacer that you mount underneath on top of the Classic...
I'm talking about the one inch locknuts on the nipple beside the E-Panel, when mounted using just one locknut as a spacer on the nipple, the Classic is not parrallel (upright) to the side of an E-Panel. Not really aesthetic... I have to use a second 1'' locknut (spacer) to mount it right. You can see that very easily when mounting a Classic beside an E-Panel with a nipple.
Personnaly, it's not a problem as I always use a second locknut spacer.
I just wanted to let you Know, no more.
Erik
Off Grid with 4kw PV | 2x Classic 200/WBjr | 2x Outback VFX3648 Epanel | 3x SPD300 + 1x Schneider HEPD80 | Hub + Mate + PSX-240 | Volthium 400Ah/51.2V LFP battery bank + Trimetric | 1500 watts AC water heater | Kubota 11kw GL diesel generator