News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie fan turn on temperature

Started by qrper, June 21, 2024, 10:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Inquiring minds and all... Ohio had it first heat wave, along with most of the east coast, and temps got a bit toasty. Of course nothing like the southwest with triple digit temps all the time.

We did manage a few 100º days.

Rosie lives in my garage, and it's hot in there. The battery temps are setting at 104ºF
Rosie reports internal temps at 50ºC (122ºF)

At what temperature do the fans turn on?

I understand no one wants to hear the din of constantly running fans but 122º is a bit on the warm side.

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

boB

"Lightly loaded the fans will stay off to 40c.    Fans turn on if anything inside hits 47.5c.  The code is due for a revamp so complaints are welcome"

That is what they say.  Someone else may know more.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

qrper

Quote from: boB on June 21, 2024, 05:47:43 PM"Lightly loaded the fans will stay off to 40c.    Fans turn on if anything inside hits 47.5c.  The code is due for a revamp so complaints are welcome"

That is what they say.  Someone else may know more.

boB

If the internal temp is 50c, why aren't the fan running?

Mike
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Wizbandit

Busted FAN DRIVE circuits. (Hardware Failure)
Busted temperature sensor circuit. (hardware Failure)
Temperature tolerance or programming tolerance.
Production crew didn't plug the fans in or plugged in backwards.
Defective FANS.

FAN TEST at power-up will let you know the fans, plugs and drive are okay.
FANS may be variable speed so you are not bothered by noise.
BTS Temperature does not run the FANS
The rest I don't know. EVENT CODE #225 is over-temperature.

qrper

Quote from: Wizbandit on June 23, 2024, 10:19:33 AMBusted FAN DRIVE circuits. (Hardware Failure)
Busted temperature sensor circuit. (hardware Failure)
Temperature tolerance or programming tolerance.
Production crew didn't plug the fans in or plugged in backwards.
Defective FANS.

FAN TEST at power-up will let you know the fans, plugs and drive are okay.
FANS may be variable speed so you are not bothered by noise.
BTS Temperature does not run the FANS
The rest I don't know. EVENT CODE #225 is over-temperature.

Fans pass the turn on test
If I run the microwave after ten minutes the fans go to low speed.

BTS was only an indication of the local environment (temperature) Ambient temperature of the garage is a few degrees lower than what BTS reports. I know it DOES NOT control the fans.

Internal Rosie temp control board is higher than what boB said they should turn on. The temperature page reported 50ºC, and according to boB, that should have turned on the fans. I put my ear to both sides and didn't hear them running.

mike