News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Rosie Hard Failure

Started by aaapilot, June 02, 2024, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaapilot

Well, Rosie failed hard last night at 11pm. All backup circuits went dark. The AC In CB was blown, AC IN & OUT SP diodes were not Lit, & 60A CB to Rosie from the main CB panel was blown, but the Rosie battery breaker was still on. No error light or message on the MNGP2, just inverter info no longer displayed. For the overnight, I shut down the entire system, including the Classic and HB that feed the system & turned off the batteries, then powered the back-up panel from the utility breaker.

This morning, I turned off all breakers on the Rosie panel, cycled the bypass/Inverter switch, powered up the battery bank, and began with the acceptance testing in the manual as if this was a new install. Battery voltage was 53.3 from the Lithium battery bank as measured below the battery breaker, switched on the Rosie battery breaker (minor 'pop' at the switch as usually happens). Measured 53.3 volts at the Rosie battery terminals, but the Rosie did NOT come on.
Aprox 3 minutes later, heard a slight 'sizzle' (covers are removed), so I quickly shut down the battery switch.

This is an early model Rosie, produced 1Q 2023. System is running the latest Beta Software and
has worked fine over the last 3 months connected to the back-up CB panel full time. I had reported on this board earlier this year, when I was first testing the system, it shut down 2x with a 'screeching' sound. Don't think I had any loads on at that time, just testing the battery charger and letting it run w/integration with the HB. After shut down and restart, inverter worked fine after these events. CB's did not pop during these failures. I'll call tech support in the morning unless anybody has some insight as to something else I might check. Thanks.
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

aaapilot

This is the link to the earlier issue w/this Rosie.

https://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=6175.0
_ _ _ _ _
Dave /:\

boB

Well, she ran good for being one of the first.

Yeah, I would call tomorrow.  There are several that will be interested to help figure this one out.

We have gotten quite a bit better at building Rosie's I'm sure.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me