Never been turned on old Classic 200

Started by Bart, June 01, 2024, 01:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart

s/n CL00831
   Bought in the beginning phase of a wind turbine project, in July 2011, and then life happened. Only been out of the box to admire the stylish design.
   Dug out the Classic now for solar and seeing that they has been through many changes and updates, am wanting to know if updating to current firmware is going to work or any other suggestions you have.
   New Classic's have got BlueTooth now! Can I add that to this one?

Thanks, Bart

boB

Hi Bart !

The Classic does not have Bluetooth.  We did work on that though.  It was a dongle that plugged into the middle communications jack (Modbus/RS-232_

We never finished it because we did not have any programmers that knew that kind of stuff.

However, our new stuff does have Bluetooth with the MNGP2 that, right now, works for code updating.

You could probably get an ESP32 module to work with this if you like programming.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Bart

Can do without Bluetooth.
So, no issues with updating to current firmware?

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: Bart on June 01, 2024, 05:12:34 PMCan do without Bluetooth.
So, no issues with updating to current firmware?
You shouldn't have any issues updating the firmware.
The new updater works much better than the old ones did way back.
After you update you will want to do VMM reset which is holding in the right and left arrow keys on the mngp display while powering up.
It probably has all this info on the firmware update page on Midnite website.
https://www.midnitesolar.com/firmwareReport.php?firmware_ID=19&firmwareProduct_ID=1&act=edit
You might see that it says adds voice features. Your Classic may be old enough that the voice features won't work without loading in the voice files which is separate process. Personally I don't think voice stuff  is worth it unless you really want the voice talking telling you volts amps, etc.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Code update "should" work on that Classic.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Bart