Classic suggestion

Started by Nashville, December 20, 2012, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville

Greetings People of Alternative Energy!
I would like to suggest that there be a thick, yet flexible, clear plastic protector over the PC board. I have seen these in other electronic boxes. This would protect the board from objects like screw drivers, small VWs, and other forms of stupidity  ;D

niel

sounds like an interesting idea. most of us won't need it though.

TomW

Not sure if you mean a conformal coating or a separate piece of material?

I never paid much attention when I installed my Classic but conformal coatings are commonly used on boards to seal them up. Like I say, not sure if my Classic had that?

Tom

Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

toothy

I think I recall Ryan, in a video, dipping some piece of Midnite electronics in a bucket of water and talking about coatings.
I don't think it had any effect on screwdrivers hammers or the like.

Wade
2-Outback vfx3648's, 16 CALB CA400,   solar Classics 2/200's with 5.6kw of panels, WBjr's, Classic 200 with Kestrel 1kw turbine, Northern lights 10 kw back-up,

boB

Yes, you are absolutely correct !  The Classic DOES need a simple plastic cover for the components.
I REALLY like the idea of a clear cover, too !  Don't know if we can make it clear but I will ask.

We had every intention of making such a cover, clear or not, but Robin wanted to make sure
that I was done making hardware changes.  I think I'm finally done now !  The variable
fan speed circuitry is the very last change I think. (hope ?)

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

cpm

Small VWs?
Like type 1s? Or karhmann ghias?