Battery Charging Configuration Mismatch Detected

Started by Groton Vermont, September 24, 2026, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groton Vermont

Every now and then I walk past the MNGP2 and see "Battery Charging Configuration Mismatch Detected"
and charging has paused. I have to reconfigure the battery type and voltages and after a while it restarts charging.
It seem to have defaulted back to FLOODED, rather than the LITHIUM that I have.
So, has anyone else noticed this and what is the fix?

And, as always, thank you for your help.

Jim
Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

Brucey

Have you ever done a factory reset to defaults? Sometimes if you don't they may have some leftover gremlins from previous firmware updates.

Are you running battery comms in addition to the smartshunt? Or strictly open loop? If running with comms maybe some bms glitch which could be avoided with open loop?

Groton Vermont

Hi Brucey,

Thank you for the reply.

I did not do a factory reset, so I just have.

I am running open loop, so there should be no issue there.

I will report back if the factory reset did not fix it.

Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

Groton Vermont

OK, so factory reset whole system.
Now when I try setting up the battery it won't let me choose anything but FLOODED
It's like I try to select it but it doesn't select.
I can change all the other paramaters.
Also, the Barcelona is not charging at all.
Shows a Resting on the display?
Any clues?
Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

ClassicCrazy

Just a guess but maybe it won't let you use lithium mode if you don't have a closed loop bms connection? You should be able to charge your lithium using flooded lead acid but put in your lithium battery settings.
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera   Classic 150 ,8s2p  Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 20kwh  ,Gobel 16 kwh  lifepo4 Outback VFX 3648  8s2p 380w Rec pv EG4 6000XP

Groton Vermont

No, this has been working great for a couple of years.
So, just disconnected the battery.
Powered back up.
The system started like it was the first time I have used it.
Set the clock, name the system etc.
It asked the battery chemistry at this point too.
So now it in in LITHIUM mode.
I set up all the settings.
Closed the PV breakers on the Barcelona.
Now I am watching the MPPT display pg 2
It is in Resting, even tho the battery is at 60%
Then either of the 2 PV channels changes to BULK, and then back to Resting.
After a while it stays in Bulk but with just around 100w per channel.
Just checked again, it's back to Resting.

Anyone have any idea's here.

I am offgrid and I would like to have some power especially as it is super sunny today.

It should be charging at about 4KW
Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

Groton Vermont

IDK whats going on, but I set the two barcelona channels from 100A to 90A and it has started working??
Charging at full power.
Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

ClassicCrazy

what are your charging setpoints, and what is the battery voltage ?
You have two things at play - what the bms is doing, and what the charge controller is doing.
Do you have software to look at the bms in your battery to ensure that charging mosfet in it is on ?
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera   Classic 150 ,8s2p  Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 20kwh  ,Gobel 16 kwh  lifepo4 Outback VFX 3648  8s2p 380w Rec pv EG4 6000XP

ClassicCrazy

Okay I see you said you got it charging again so that is good .
Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera   Classic 150 ,8s2p  Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 20kwh  ,Gobel 16 kwh  lifepo4 Outback VFX 3648  8s2p 380w Rec pv EG4 6000XP

Groton Vermont

Yes, it's working. But I will answer for info.

Bulk 55.2V
Absorb 55.2V
Absorb time 00:06
Float 54.4V
Float time 24:00
LBCO 51.2V
LBC1 52.0V
ReBulk 51.5V

I don't think I can see if the battery charging mosfet is on or not.

It's a Fortress eVault Max
Midnite Solar Rosie and Barcelona
Victron SmartShunt and Gateway
Fortress eVault Max
18 Aionrise 360W panels
Offgrid System

Brucey

I would suggest longer than 6 minutes of absorb unless you are hitting full charge almost daily. Maybe 30 minutes or an hour? For me in winter where it could be a week or longer I'll bump absorb upto 2 hours for those rare days where its possible.