News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

Clipper changes

Started by dgd, January 28, 2013, 03:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgd

Just looked at the Products pages and 1.5kAC Clipper. Has the design layout changed?
I assume there is no way of mounting a Classic on the lower LHS?  as shown in the original docs. The breakers located on the LHS seem to exclude this option. Inside it seems simplified, no resistor metal box, fan or temp sensor, it looks like convection cooling only now.
And the .pdf manual still shows the previous design.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Halfcrazy

dgd
The 1500 watt version has always been a little simpler inside our documentation has been wrong. I will see if I can get the manual up to date as well. The sheet metal got revised one last time and what we did is to install the 3 phase breakers on the side (Lower right) and above that I believe is a knock out for 2 panel mount breakers so the Classic could be mounted on the lower left. I will look at this today and clarify this as I am going from Pre Coffee memory  :o

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dgd

Thanks Ryan, that explains it. I got left and right confused, need coffee too.
I was originally going to attach c150 to Clipper but I now prefer a layout like yours with the Classics grouped closer and therefore easier to observe MNGPs.

Dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand