All I want is history

Started by ClassicCrazy, February 02, 2013, 01:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicCrazy

Before I got the Classic I had ( have ) a Morningstar Mppt. Simple - connect to it's webpage and I see all the history of what the controller was doing for the last month or more.  I just got back to the camper and see that that my batteries on the Morningstar system floated today and  how many minutes they did that, the max amps and volts, watt hours, etc .  The Midnite Classic system is way down according to the Trimetric - but what happened ? I can't tell.

So all I wish for is something that could pull the data off the Classic in one swoop and display it in a chart.  It would be nice. I think there is probably some way I could go out in the cold shed and poke buttons to look at a tiny screen and see stuff in the past. But sure would be nice to do the same thing here on the computer screen next to the woodstove !

The graphs on the local app just don't do it from the past unless I am missing something.

Keep up the good work - I know the Midnite team has lots of irons in the fire but this would be a good thing to pound out and finish .

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Halfcrazy

Agreed all around. I have a list of "Must do 911 items" for the Classic and boB is supposed to be hammering at it. one of them is fixing the logging so the data on the Local App is correct, The other is working out a Logging Menu on the Classic that is much easier. Stay tuned I will have our graphics artist do a rendition of my logging screen ideas for everyone's opinion.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

ClassicCrazy

Great ! Thanks .
Wasn't there also some discussion of making something more open source based so the  programmers who lurk around here could use their creative geeky smarts to make cool stuff ?
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

boB

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on February 02, 2013, 12:53:04 PM
Great ! Thanks .
Wasn't there also some discussion of making something more open source based so the  programmers who lurk around here could use their creative geeky smarts to make cool stuff ?

Most of the open source problem is just me needing to update the modbus communication document.

Remember there are two ways to receive logging history.  One is a single data point at a time which
is what the textual (non graphic) logging screen does and the other is the file transfer method
which grabs 32 points at a time.  The file transfer method is what the graphing screens on
the MNGP uses as well as the local apps' data grabbing method.

There is a problem at the moment in the Classic where sometimes the file transfer reading
method goes over the 380 point storage limit and has to wrap around to the beginning
and there is a reading problem with that.  The data is stored OK but the file transfer
code has to be fixed.  You could grab everything over the single one at a time
method, but it takes longer to pass the data over TCP/IP but still works.

Unfortunately, I have not seen many (or any ?) people using the modbus file transfers
besides us but maybe Morningstar and MS-view uses that ??

Anyhow, I hear you and we're working on it 7 days a week.

Thanks,
boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Okay I just found a new screen on Local App I hadn't seen before under Data / offline that shows some stuff like float time, input , high voltage , etc .
They are numbered 1, 2, 3, etc

Are these numbers referring to days back or forward ?

Here are screenshots from the Morningstar in case you haven't seen them and didn't know what I was talking about.
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Lya72

Hi ClassicCrazy,

Here is my LocalApp Data/OffLine table.

Today in France, we are the 03/02/2013 (dd/mm/yyyyy)

The index 2 of the table is corresponding to the 01/02/2013 values (day-2)
The index 3 of the table is corresponding to the 31/01/2013 values (day-3)
The index 4 of the table is corresponding to the 30/01/2013 values (day-4)

As said by Bob, there is a reading problem of theses values with the LocalApp and the MNGP, since the december version of the firmware.

We are waiting, as Bob's team, 7 days a week,  for this correction.    8-)

1 Classic 200, 4 SILLIA panels 240W in 2 strings of 2, ie 960Watts and 60.8 Volts, 4 MIDAC Batteries 6V 240Ah, ie 24V bank (acid batteries)