extra cooling

Started by mahendra, March 30, 2013, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WattsUp

Thank's boB. Charge controller started running warmer than usual. Checked the fans and only the right was running.
Dave

boB

Quote from: WattsUp on May 09, 2013, 10:28:10 PM
Thank's boB. Charge controller started running warmer than usual. Checked the fans and only the right was running.
Dave

That's unusual.  We have seen fans stop because of the blades hitting the casting and sometimes making
noise but have never seen one actually fail.  We did extensive analysis on these because we did
not want failures.

Maybe it came unplugged underneath or maybe the fan blade is hitting the inside of the casting.

Try nudging the blade of that left side fan and see if it is snagged maybe.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

WattsUp

Fan is free, spins easy. A little excessive play up and down compared to the right side fan. Will have to check connection. How far in to find the connector?
Thanks Dave

laszlo

In the summer months in Texas, I have 20W a/c fan on a timer blowing air on the classic from 9:30am to 6:30pm. It helps quite a bit.
4.6KW offgrid PV system, Classic 200, MX60, dual Magnum PAE 4448 inverters, Midnite combiner and disconnect boxes, e-panel,  WBJr, and 8 MN SPDs

Eric L

I like these little 12 v fans because they are cheap and low power enough to run straight from the AUX 1 output. I position them to draw air from below my Classics and push air up behind them.

I wonder if there is a "hot" location on the back of a Classic where it could make sense to stick a 12 volt liquid CPU cooler. I'm thinking of the kind like this with the separate little radiator to draw heat away. My Classics run reasonably cool but I do have some small unused 12 volt panels and could see setting one up to power one of these during the day if it prolonged the Classic's life.