Classic next generation

Started by dgd, April 10, 2013, 09:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thooker

My system is on a remote mountain peak which provides power for radio equipment.  It is difficult and time consuming to get to.

I personally don't need boost.  What I need is remote voltage sensing of the battery voltage.  The external shunt will also be very useful.

I want a CC that is reliable at logging data, either onboard or on a web site (needs to have high availability, not off line very often).  BTW, I only use ethernet connections, no modbus, no RS232, etc.

I want a system with a sophisticated UI that I can program to either text or email me when certain conditions occur... such as not achieving float for say 2 days, email me if the AUX output energizes the generator, email me if battery voltage goes below a threshold, if it gets too hot, etc.

I would like to be able to remotely update the firmware, without having to be physically in front of the unit.

I am sure there is more.
Tracy
Communications engineer in New Mexico, USA

DMJ72

The ability to speak Xanbus, would be great ;)
(System 1) To be updated ...  @ Jamaica, West Indies.
(System 2-mom's) 6 Wuxi My-Solar 200w Mono panels, Conext SW Inverter, Classic 150, 8 Trojan T-105RE batteries, Trimetric.

Robin

I think Boost mode is opposite of what Surrette and SMA advocate. They do not want the batteries to get fully charged every day!
More on this later.
Robin Gudgel