Two instances of Status panel OK?

Started by 5 Minutes 2 Midnite, April 09, 2024, 02:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

Currently running a Classic with a WBJr. and monitoring the system with the status panel on my Windows desktop computer. Thinking of purchasing a Kid + the Jr. Can I run two instances of the status panel (each to a different IP address of course) at the same time in order to live monitor both system?

Thank you
Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS

boB

The Kid does not have Ethernet.

For the Classic though,  the Local App status panel can handle more than one IP address if you have more Classics.  It can only display one at a time though.  Looks like you can not open a second instance of the local app status panel so you have to choose one Classic at a time to view.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

Qty 24 Sharp 153W poly panels, Midnite MNPV6 combiner, Midnite Classic 150 charge controller, Magnum MS-4448-PAE inverter with RC50 remote, Magnum MMP Mini panel,  QTY 2 Chinese made self-contained 200 AH wall mounted LFP power banks with built in BMS

5 Minutes 2 Midnite

BTW - I am building a very small Aux system and decided to try a cheap Chinese solar controllers through AliExpress. Went through three of them. All were unsatisfactory.

The Kid would be perfect for this system, but I'm addicted to the Local App. I'm sure someone has already suggested you throw Ethernet on all your controllers and charge customers the extra $25 or whatever it costs. ;>