Classic 150 Ground Fault

Started by jo, July 22, 2013, 06:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

I received my pre-wired system from Wholesale solar over the weekend and hooked everything up.
I have the full magnum setup with the distribution enclosure,MS-PAE Seriece Pure Sine Wave Inverter, Me-RTR Router. off the grid setup, 48v, numerous pv's. etc.
  Upon first hooking everything up and powering up, my classic 150 goes between "resting" to "grnflt"  (Or something similar grdflt ), which means ground fault.  The obvious answer would be we wired something up wrong.
However my father has been off the grid for 15 years and a lifetime electrician.
I would like to clarify this has to be the only case and that upon having a certain pre-wired setup, this could be common
and I need to do something else.
So is it 100% always the case when you get this message, something is wired wrong and I for sure have a ground fault?
The classic 150 has the jumper installed. there is nothing on the ground utility inside the classic 150 , as they wired it from Wholesale, however the unit is grounded by default to the over all frame of the Magnum pre wired system / frame....

Halfcrazy

There is a way during testing that the polarity and connection can be hooked up wrong and damage a Classic. It entails putting battery positive to the actual chassis of the classic not Negative and battery negative to Battery positive on the Classic. I have seen a couple of these from that Supplier and will work with them this week to see if I can determine what they may have done. I can only assume this may be the issue and would be happy to RMA it for you. Call us Tuesday and we can issue an RMA and fix it for you. For now you can go to tweaks and disable GFP as well as remove the jumper and the unit will work fine.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time