My Midnite..when will it go live?

Started by phonetic, December 02, 2011, 08:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crunnells

QuoteThe problem with making My Midnite itself open is that it is already pricey to have there already just for Classics.

Pricey in what way? Do you meant the development time that's gone into building the beta?

Anyway, thanks for the links. That's kinda what I had in mind... I may still end up seeing what I can build to log my controller data on my local web server, just for kicks. I really just want to be able to see the logged information without having to physically check the controller, or having to leave the local app open all the time.

boB

Quote from: crunnells on October 04, 2012, 11:34:44 PM
QuoteThe problem with making My Midnite itself open is that it is already pricey to have there already just for Classics.

Pricey in what way? Do you meant the development time that's gone into building the beta?

Hi Chris...   I meant that the server itself is kind of pricey.

I think that the rest of the software may very well be open source though.
I will let Andrew reply to that though.  I'm mainly an embedded processor engineer
when it comes to programming.

In fact, most of my web/html programming is still done by using a simple text editor.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Vern Faulkner

Hey there, tried to log onto mymidnite.com, but the message said that only beta testers were accepted: no mention of that in the manual.

'Sup?

chesuncook1

Hi Guys,
Just wondering if you have a better idea of when the web based remote access for the Classic will be done? I know Andrew is buried and I appreciate all the hard work. Just excited to use/try it as I have Hughesnet at camp and they don't allow me to use dyndns as the router cannot see the WAN IP address.

Ryan, my camp is in Chesuncook village, I see your are in Maine somewhere. How far away are you?

Thanks
Scott
Off Grid - 2 Kyocera 120w, 10 DM Solar 145w = 1690w @54v feeding MidNite Classic 150 charging 12 - T105s @ 24v. Magnum 2800w Mod. sine, Trace 4kw 240v stepup.

Halfcrazy

I am about 1.5 hours North West of you. Just outside Newport.

Andrew is making great strides on My MidNite. He decided to dump Adobe Air and go for a web page based version so it will work on anything practically. Also another thing he is doing is working on putting the Local App on the device as a web page as well. This will be nicer in the long run but has caused a bit of extra delay. The way Adobe is changind daily we felt it worth the extra time.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time