Errors in manual

Started by ericwahl, March 12, 2014, 05:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericwahl

Rev C, the version which is currently posted on the website in the documents section, contains the following errors:

p31
Equalize
Equalization function can be manually initiated or can be set up to Auto Equalize, refer to page Error! Bookmark not defined. for details on setting up EQ. The intent of an equalization charge is to bring all battery cells to an equal voltage by a controller deliberate overcharge. The goal is to return each battery cell to its optimum condition through a series of voltage controlled chemical reactions inside the batteries.

Also, p31:

"Absorb
This stage means that the Classic will maintain the absorb set point voltage until the batteries are charged. This stage is terminated at the end of the Absorb time or the End Amps set point whichever is reached first. At this stage the classic is not putting out maximum current, as that would increase the battery voltage over the Absorb set point. This is also referred to as constant voltage mode.
The absorb time is proportional to the bulk time. (i.e. the time bulk takes to reach the absorb voltage.) The battery it’s considered “full” at the end of the absorb charge cycle."

Is confusing. The absorb time is proportional to the bulk time? What? What is the proportion exactly? Is current taken into account? I thought it said in the previous sentence that the Absorb time or end amps that determined the length of the absorb cycle? Also, there is no description of the End Amps feature. Is there any relation to the Whizbang so one could use true net amps?

Also, p74
The table below describes the default preset voltages for the different nominal battery voltages. This means that if you set the Classic from the QUICK START (see page Error! Bookmark not defined.) to a different battery voltage the Classic will take the default voltage set points. Note. If you manually adjust the absorb float or equalize voltage set point, and then nominal battery voltage is changed to a different nominal voltage, (e.g. from 24v to 12v or to 48v etc.) manually adjustments may be required. See page 6 for further information

Would also be nice to know default time settings and default end amps setting. Thanks

Resthome

The real problem is the Classic manuals are over a year old and with the newest production firmware they do not show all the new features and some old ones have changed or no longer exist. The WB Jr manual shows some of the new features and setting. An example is the Wizard has been removed from the menus.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

ericwahl

Quote from: Resthome on March 13, 2014, 12:45:21 AM
The real problem is the Classic manuals are over a year old and with the newest production firmware they do not show all the new features and some old ones have changed or no longer exist. The WB Jr manual shows some of the new features and setting. An example is the Wizard has been removed from the menus.

Thanks! Glad the wizard is dead.

boB

The manual is being worked on right now.  I will forward these comments on to our writer.  I am working
with her on this manual closely though and would have most likely fixed this.

Hang on...   It's definitely going to be WAY better and closer to what we really have but a BUNCH.

Hail to Dorothy !  The wicked wizard is dead !

Uh...  Something like that...

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me