Raspberry Pi, Nagios, and a Classic

Started by midnite_andy, August 29, 2013, 10:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

I am pretty sure that having RS232 available will be handy with the Kid.

Not modbus.  And not sure exactly when it might be useful.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

2twisty

Waking this thread from the dead.

Has there been any changes to this? I'd love to see some software that can bridge the communications gap between all the manufacturers. 

My "dream app" is a raspi-based app that can monitor and control (by altering settings) both my classic, my GSCM-Mini Gen sgart module and my outback VFX3648.  There are opportunities to have much better control of the system based on loads and complex rules.

Sadly, I don't have the programming chops (or time) to pull that off.  My programming skills are best used to integrate existing modules. I bet you Midnite could make money on such an integration between the varied comm protocols.

schroew

This is cool! Has anyone tried running ELK on a Raspberry PI unit? I am think that would be interesting with the capabilities of Logstash for data manipulation and Kibana for visualization.
W

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: schroew on October 11, 2020, 10:09:22 PM
This is cool! Has anyone tried running ELK on a Raspberry PI unit? I am think that would be interesting with the capabilities of Logstash for data manipulation and Kibana for visualization.
W

There is a lot better Raspberry Pi project than this - the one that connects to Classic and makes MQTT Data available to Grahams Classic Monitoring app for android that has great graphics and other info . But once the Classic data is in the Pi as MQTT you can do whatever you want with that in other programs using Node Red or however you want to distribute it.
http://midniteftp.com/forum/index.php?topic=4849.0

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

schroew