Controller Help Needed

Started by devo, November 21, 2013, 09:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

We were onsite today to check the controllers and discovered what may have been a slightly loose connection. A bunch of things were changed, so it's difficult to nail down the exact cause, or if it was multiple things.

Either way, we have the solar controller working great. Thank you all for your time. It's greatly appreciated.

On the wind controller we swapped clippers, swapped controllers, re-connected everything and still had an intermittent problem. I am convinced now that the problem lies with the turbine itself and not with the Midnite gear. There may be a bad connection in the slip ring, or some other cause, but I'm confident the clipper and controller are fine.

If the weather is sensible tomorrow we may climb the tower and check the turbine for problems. I'll be sure to post the results once we find the true cause of the issues.

Kudo's to Midnite Solar on the great tech support though. Ryan and Bob have helped us quite a bit. Once we get all the kinks ironed out and a little more experience with the gear we'll be deploying clippers and classics to all of our mountaintop towers.

Now, if only the controllers had SNMP so we could monitor them from our network operations center....

boB

Quote from: devo on November 23, 2013, 08:10:45 PM
We were onsite today to check the controllers and discovered what may have been a slightly loose connection. A bunch of things were changed, so it's difficult to nail down the exact cause, or if it was multiple things.

Either way, we have the solar controller working great. Thank you all for your time. It's greatly appreciated.

On the wind controller we swapped clippers, swapped controllers, re-connected everything and still had an intermittent problem. I am convinced now that the problem lies with the turbine itself and not with the Midnite gear. There may be a bad connection in the slip ring, or some other cause, but I'm confident the clipper and controller are fine.

If the weather is sensible tomorrow we may climb the tower and check the turbine for problems. I'll be sure to post the results once we find the true cause of the issues.

Kudo's to Midnite Solar on the great tech support though. Ryan and Bob have helped us quite a bit. Once we get all the kinks ironed out and a little more experience with the gear we'll be deploying clippers and classics to all of our mountaintop towers.

Now, if only the controllers had SNMP so we could monitor them from our network operations center....

Great !  Please keep us posted and don't hesitate to ask questions of course.

Yes, SNMP...  We have talked about doing this and that is on the list with the hundreds of other
things to do but it's important for network sites such as yours.  Which version of SNMP is
needed ?  There is the simple old SNMP without encryption and then there is the version
3 (I think) that is newer and more complicated with encryption.

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me