Current Firmware of the Kid

Started by jcfaber1, April 10, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcfaber1

Hello, I am about to install the Kid into my little tear drop camper and am wondering what is the current firmware version.  I purchased the Kid about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!  BTW this is my first post!

John

Westbranch

KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

HopperDK

Hello, some news from north of Denmark

I got my KID delivered a little week ago (Its not a Beta unit,  I’m properly out to late to get a beta unit?)  well, I Bought mine from Belmont Solar PA, excellent service and fast/safe international shipping to the door.

Firmware out of the box is the latest 1722.

For now, the KID is now running in a safe setup in my workshop and I will not test any KID max limits, have running it to about 70% max, it’s a bench test where primary power source has been some HP’s lower amp rated power supply’s and for real solar test’s, I use 2 x 100w panels in  serie (single poly panel spec : open voltage 21,7v, max watt at 17,9v and 5,56 amps +-3% ) I have now tried out a few  different configurations and been charging some smaller 4 x 12v 10ah sealed batteries as test bank, hooked in serial and parallel as 12/24v, I have used loads from 10Watts to 400Watts at 12/24v. Hopefully next week after easter  I will hook the KID up to one of my roof arrays at home it will be a 600W array on 24v 400Ah Batt Bank, used as off grid and at times grid tied. Looking forward to test the KID on my smaller homebuilt prototypes vawt turbines (direct driven PMA’s 150 to 800watt 24/48volt) well, when the KID clipper/load/diversion unit? and firmware will be released.(hope soon ??)

Quick review or conclusion so far, more to come:  this KID is running real steady and without problems (so far), have a low standby and working power consumption, it has a very fast mpp track in the default Solar mode, voltage and amps/watt readings are within +- 2%, well, more or less spot on when measured at the terminals in the kid,  battery offsets and current limit on load is a really nice feature. Well,  the 94% efficiency and better seems reached the KID and when getting familiar whit navigation in the menus and controls, you can easy and fast change available parameters whit out any problems, electronic is nicely sealed/coated, components nicely soldered and placed strait on pcb, nice assembled, seems like a great strong design, very compact and all in all, very robust, throw the clear red fuse cowers does seems a bit lose and plastic not so strong, rubber ones would maby do the trick.

To my surprise the Wind track mode and Hydro works somehow or seems active? Well, something is working in these modes, the KID is power tracking here, starting at ca. 16v in wind track and hydro  throw its not official support any of these modes yet???? I use low amp power supply’s when testing modes,, will later look into this more.(maybe someone or midnite knows or I’m missing something ???)   

Will end for now.
Have a happy sustainable energy Easter.

Mario

HopperDK,
I am glad your unit is working good,
the Wind and Hydro do not work they will turn on to some degree but will not do much.
Please do not use those modes since they will not be of any use and might pose a problem because they are not fully implemented.

Talking about code there will be a new revision released soon, it was just sent to our internal testers and after their blessing it will be out to the public.
And the input modes not implemented yet will not be accessible anymore.

Look for a new Rev soon.

Mario