Newest BETA firmware. 4-21-14

Started by Halfcrazy, April 22, 2014, 07:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Here is a link to the newest BETA firmware it has a bunch of network fixes as well as a lot of optimization for the traffic calling out to My Midnite

http://fusion.midnitesolar.com/MidNiteSolarUpdate_1849_4-21-2014_v4.43.exe
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

atop8918

Sorry -- gotta add a correction: this version doesn't have the optimizations for mymidnite. Those are still in the works....

My Bad,
-A

David

Is the OS X updater available for this version as well?

boB

Quote from: atop8918 on April 22, 2014, 08:45:00 AM
Sorry -- gotta add a correction: this version doesn't have the optimizations for mymidnite. Those are still in the works....

My Bad,
-A

Oh ?   OK, but this has a bunch of bug fixes.   Also, it will accurately report the necessary information to debug why a Classic is Watchdog resetting but the Local App does not show this information at this time so another modbus application will have to be involved.

I will get the OS X and Linux/Unix/Python updater going and should be up here by tomorrow or later tonight.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

boB

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

David

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on April 22, 2014, 07:58:27 AM
Here is a link to the newest BETA firmware it has a bunch of network fixes as well as a lot of optimization for the traffic calling out to My Midnite

So what are these network fixes targeting? Are they trying to fix the local app disconnects? Or are they targeting MyMidnite issues. Sounds like the MyMidnite fixes aren't there yet.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

atop8918

The fixes are as follows:
- It was possible for the advertise state machine to close a connection without cleaning up therefore "leaking" connections. Eventually other tasks were unable to connect.
- In DHCP mode the main state machine was performing ARP requests before address was assigned
- DNS state machine was not honoring the ttl field so entries were not being refreshed.
- There was a unhandled state in the DHCP state machine which occasionally resulted in mymidnite lockup
- MAC peripheral was in pass-through mode resulting in software-only filtering of packets. Too much traffic for the software to handle on busy networks resulting in poor connectivity.
- Increased buffer size to prevent packet segmentation
- disabled segmented packet processing in the stack due to stack bug.
- disconnection logic had potential issues -- cleaned up in local and remote tcp state machines
- basic architectural changes to support PC port for enhanced testing purposes

Verified 125 hours continuous testing:
classicStats.jar ip.ip.ip.ip count=100000 [no delay]
classicStats.jar ip.ip.ip.ip count=100000 [delay timeout]
ping ip.ip.ip.ip -l 1000 -n -1
Web: Enabled
DHCP: Enabled
DNS enabled (MM:0.0.0.0)

Resthome

Thanks Andrew, will give it a try and report back next week.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

atop8918

Incidentally, the optimizations for MyMidNite are just that -- optimizations, not necessarily bug fixes although once complete they should improve general performance of the mymidnite interface dramatically.

Resthome

Okay, loaded 1849 Classic firmware with 1821 MNGP and 1839 Network this afternoon.

I've now seen two incidents of the Alert with the Local App that the PC and Classic are more than 10 minutes different on their clock settings. I checked the Classic time when I got the first alert and Classic and the PC both have the same correct time. So don't know why I'm starting to see these alert after changing to this firmware.

I've only see one disconnect with the LA over a period of 4 hours of it running on my Laptop. I'll be here all next week so will see if we see any more. I think they occurred for me while interacting with the data functions which I haven't done a lot of today.
John

boB

Quote from: Resthome on April 26, 2014, 10:26:22 PM
Okay, loaded 1849 Classic firmware with 1821 MNGP and 1839 Network this afternoon.

I've now seen two incidents of the Alert with the Local App that the PC and Classic are more than 10 minutes different on their clock settings. I checked the Classic time when I got the first alert and Classic and the PC both have the same correct time. So don't know why I'm starting to see these alert after changing to this firmware.

I've only see one disconnect with the LA over a period of 4 hours of it running on my Laptop. I'll be here all next week so will see if we see any more. I think they occurred for me while interacting with the data functions which I haven't done a lot of today.

OK, thanks John.  Keep us posted.   So far as I know, as long as there isn't some hardware hiccup, it's working pretty well overall.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

Halfcrazy

Quote from: Resthome on April 26, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

I can confirm the time bug. Mine keep doing that here. The screen goes yellow and it says the time is off and then in a few seconds corrects itself. I "assume" this is in the Local App not the Classic but IDK?

I also had a lot of disconnects while using "Offline" data. It took 4-5 tries to get it to download so I could export.

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

David

A few comments on the Mac OS X installer.  I am using Mac OS X 10.9.2.

1) The "moon3.gif" was missing.  You get an error without it so I used another image file for it and renamed it "moon3.gif".
2) I never saw the "Waiting for serial device."
3) RAR compression is not a compression format that is easily handled on OS X without downloading some third party app.  Zip would be more appropriate.  If you zipped those files on a Mac it would even preserve the execute permissions on the "mnupdate.py" file so you would be able to get rid of that entire paragraph on "chmod"ing it.

Because I never saw the "Waiting for serial device" I was not able to update the firmware.  I ended up hauling my 27" iMac (which was not fun :) ) that has VMWare and Windows Vista on it down to the Classic so I could update it.

Resthome

Another thing I notice this morning while in Bulk MPPT the fans started running when the FET Temp was at 45.6 C. I thought this got adjusted up (Firmware 1758-1759) and it seemed like with 1795 they didn't come on until around 52-55 C.  Did this get changed?
John