Local App Unlock code.

Started by viola, May 19, 2014, 11:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

First, what is  "+ve"  that viola is mentioning ?  + battery terminal of the Classic ?

And, GHOSTNH, what vintage is your Classic ?  How old ?  serial number ?  i.e.  when was it built ?
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

GHOSTNH

BOB
S/N CL 8861
purchased new in aug 2013
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

zoneblue

Viola, can i ask that you calm down a bit. This is a public forum and we are here to help, but your situation is basically that you were unqualified to do the installation you were attempting. Thats no one elses fault but yours. An RE system is not like a DVD player, just flick though the manual, plug and go. I found my own install suprisingly difficult, and i had trained as an engineer previously. Battery systems are also uncharacteristically/unituitively dangerous, so get some knowledge, or get a pro.

But i will agree about the manual, it is WELL overdue for an update.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

boB

Quote from: GHOSTNH on May 22, 2014, 06:51:39 AM
BOB
S/N CL 8861

OK...  Thanks...  Fairly recent then.   But unless the firmware is not the most recent, (build 1849 from  5-21-2014 at least),
it might work better as far as resets are concerned.
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

GHOSTNH

bob i agree and will  upgrade to that version after it has been tested and proven by others ..why? because it is a gruesome task to get laptop windows xp and the MNlite all to work together on a clean TAKEN upgrade of the firm ware ..as seen by those here in this forum with upgrade headaches. . also i can not have the system down do to a bad TAKE of the upgrade. and the result headache of trying to get a clean TAKE of it
12 Canadian solar 300 watt panels trace sw5548 two GNB battery banks 1200ahr and 1400ahr total 2600ahr 48v 1 classic lite  5kw backup gen

zoneblue

Are there any actual upgrade issues?, or just variations in peoples following of instructions? !

Never tried win8 though, maybe i shall just for kicks...
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

TomW

Quote from: zoneblue on May 24, 2014, 04:05:46 PM
Are there any actual upgrade issues?, or just variations in peoples following of instructions? !

Never tried win8 though, maybe i shall just for kicks...

blue;

Well, I have real upgrade issues, Win 7 or 8.1 or Ubuntu 14.04. The "No Ack byte received" error and others have seen it too. It just fails. Doesn't muck up the Classic (in my case) and it chugs along fine on the original firmware.

Tom
Do NOT mistake me for any kind of "expert".

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

24 Trina 310 watt modules, SMA SunnyBoy 7.7 KW Grid Tie inverter.

I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise, We climbed aboard their starship and headed for the skies

Halfcrazy

I would say about 50% of the time when we get tech support calls for firmware update issues the Com Port was not set to 8 on the computer. About 20% of the time the Driver was not installed and the rest is a crap shoot between windows stuff, pc specific stuff and classic timing issues

One trick I use that seems very helpful is to flip the breaker fast for a clean power up. I also count to 4 after I click and see the Black box pop up

Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

Quote from: boB on May 24, 2014, 12:34:10 AM
Quote from: GHOSTNH on May 22, 2014, 06:51:39 AM
BOB
S/N CL 8861

OK...  Thanks...  Fairly recent then.   But unless the firmware is not the most recent, (build 1849 from  5-21-2014 at least),
it might work better as far as resets are concerned.

boB,  isn't 1849. 4/21/2014 ?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

tecnodave

Quote from: Halfcrazy on May 24, 2014, 05:13:11 PM
I would say about 50% of the time when we get tech support calls for firmware update issues the Com Port was not set to 8 on the computer.

Ryan

When I upgraded the firmware on my Classic the install software did nor remove the com8 driver. I do not know if this is an issue or not. I will be updating firmware again soon so I will take notes on this.
Possibly on a second firmware install the formerly installed com8 driver is there?

That said I am a hardware guy, not so much for software, but I do struggle and learn.

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

Halfcrazy

Yes the Com8 thing and Driver are a one time per computer thing. The PC will remember that for ever as long as you do not delete the Updater

tecnodave

Ryan,

Am I correct that winders will not recognize the Classic on USB until the com8 driver is installed?
That is what I seem to remember but that was January.

td
#1 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24volt L-16 Rolls-Surette S-530, MS4024 & Cotek ,  C-40 dirv.cont. for hot water
#2 Classic 150 12 x Sharp NE-170, 2S6P, 24 volt L-16 Interstate,Brutus Inv.
#3 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 4/6 P
#4 Kid/WBjr 4/6 Sanyo 200 watt multilayer 2S 2/3 P

dgd

With Windows the Classic is not a Plug and Play device. So when the USB is plugged in nothing happens with Windows. When you run the firmware installation program it looks for a Classic connected via COM8. But not automatically. If you have the USB connected between Windows computer and Classic then start the firmware download,  the download does not automatically start. You have to power off and on the Classic before the download actually starts.

The Classic badly needs the drop and drag firmware upload that currently works well with the KID.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Bigboomer

Ok, silly question? Since I cannot install the firmware update because it is looking for Com8, where do a I get a free Com8 driver download. I checked the net and everywhere wants you to download driver scanners, etc. and pops you for a fee.
Very frustrating to have a "top of the line" Charge Controller" that cannot be updated. I want to use and track it remotely on both my laptop and AD but it will not work with out the firmware update.

Tried all the quick fixes described above and nothing works....my OS is W8.1.

Halfcrazy

Everything you need is included with the update.exe from us. So I assume you found the directions on the website? If so can you tell me what step in the instructions you are stuck at I will try to help. I do know 8.1 works fine but winders did make it tougher to install drivers in 8