After updating firmware Mymidnite stops to receive data

Started by Pac0, July 01, 2014, 11:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pac0

Hi,
I recently (3 or 4 weeks) updated the firmware in my two Classics 150, because I had some problems with Follow me (reported in another thread). Both are running ok since this day, well the leds problem dissapeared, but often they show all the leds for a second. Actually I had no time to test nothing more, because the Classics apparently were doing a good job.

But today I've gone to the Mymidnite page, for the first time after the update and I saw no data, and the message:

QuoteThis Classic has not been able to communicate with the server for more than 2 weeks. Check your device's network connection and consider upg

I have the latest firmware:
- Classic rev. 1849
- Network Rev: 1839

I've revised the settings in the config-Tech menú and both have the web access enabled.
Have you any idea of what is happening?

Thank you in advance
Paco

atop8918

Hi,
Have a look through the Advanced Troubleshooting portion of the FAQ:

https://mymidnite.com/drupal-7.23/?q=node/17

You may try power cycling the units first if you hadn't after the update.
Thanks,
-Andrew

Pac0

Hi Andrew,
After the update, I did  a factory reset in both Classics, but then I reconfigure all the parameters again, to their original values.
I only want to know if there are other people who had the same problem upgrading and, if was solved, how did they.
I've read  the Troubleshooting in the F.A.Q.  and will begin with A-RST feature, but this could cause the lost of date-time in the Classics? Because this firmware has solved the problem with the resets and loose of date/time.

I will try later the last option about D2/MM/DNS...

Thank you
Paco

Halfcrazy

My guess is you need to set the D2 to 0s. Some times on some controllers when they are updated that field is still populated and in the new firmware that is a DNS over ride and when set to something other than 0 it will send the data there instead of to My Midnite
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Pac0

Well I set D2 in one of them to 0.0.0.0,  and in the other to the DNS suggested in the FAQ, but nothing happens... until the 0:00 that the first began to communicate with Mymidnite. The second is still "dead".
The difference is that in the first I checked to the "Night Auto reset enable" feature. This was the trick...

I've changed in the second Classic the D2 field to 0.0.0.0 and checked A-RST in the second to erase network accumulated errors.

Thank you for your help
Paco

atop8918

Yes, anytime you change the DNS value you have to power-cycle the controller. There is a note to this effect on the FAQ page but it's sort of hidden at the end -- I'll try to make it more obvious.

Glad it's working again!
-A

alowe

I have a classic Lite 150. After I upgraded the firmware, it stopped logging the internet data. You seem to have had a similar problem. Is it fixed and if so what steps did you take to resolve it.  'Spoke' to Midnite Solar but all they did is direct me to the FAQ page which was not particularly helpful.

Anderson

atop8918

Did you follow the steps above?

As mentioned on the FAQ page, set the DNS2 value to 0.0.0.0 and then re-power the unit. Wait about 20 minutes to see if data has gotten up to the database. If this doesn't work then set the DNS to 98.129.247.45, repower the unit and then wait 20 minutes again to see if data has made it up to the site. If this doesn't work then we can move on to more advanced troubleshooting.

Thanks!
-Andrew

binkino

Possible helpfull for other users ...

I had the problem, that the Classic Lite changed settings itself and after a "power cycle" (so you call it? power off and on again) I had to set the settings also for DNS2 ("Override")
since one day I had no datas online in mymidnite.com ..

now I clicked the:

Settings / Basic / scroll down to "Bully Menu" -> [Reboot] (Enter) and after Reboot, a couple of minutes later, I get back communication to the mymidnite.com.
Just no datas online from the last 24 hours, but it is back.

Great now, to know what the "Bully Menu" means. Restart the charger. Thanks.
Can't you easy write ther "Restart the machine" or something like that, words that make it easy to understand for non-insider? ;-)

That now worked for now me after setting the DNS2 to 0.0.0.0 after a long "nightmare" ... (if you don't know where and what.... yeah ...)
Would really be a really good thing, if some one would documentate some not clear settings in the interface.
(in german, or good described please ... :) also can make a pdf of it, but one day, it must be made.)
PV-OUTPUT: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=38617
Classic Lite 200 + Classic 200 + Easun ISolar-SMX-II-5.6KW + 12x240Wp + 12x255Wp + 2x10kWh LFP
http://a68k.de/Solar/Monitor_LC2.php