The BRAT Beta Program

Started by Halfcrazy, August 15, 2014, 03:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

Good news (and some bad news)

We have Beta Brats ready to rock and roll but I have limited cases. I have emailed a handful of you to arrange getting the Brats out. If I did not email you I will soon. We have more cases being expedited in and I will fill ALL beta requests that come from the forum. If you haven't already applied and want to email me Ryan@midnitesolar.com and I will get you on my list. A short description of how you would use it is appreciated

Thank you
Ryan
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

dapdan

I guess I wasnt in the handfull as i have not recieved an email.

:'(

WizBandit

Yea! My beta Brat was delivered today!

Robin

We started with 24 cases. A fair amount of those were handed out at the spi show a few months ago. Those units had design issues still not resolved. The brats shipping now don, t have problems that we know of. The plastics company was just given the go ahead to make production quantities. There are still about a dozen boards left ready to go into cases. Once we get enough feedback on this current version that tells us we got it right, we will order lots of boards. All the internal components are on order. The brat is a very nice controller. We have one in the engineering lab that has been faithfully turning on a nite light for Midnite the cat since early last summer. Brad did a bang up job on the entire project  but the solar clock is just amazing. Mario put it in the kid also.

Robin Gudgel

Free Energy Freak

400 watts, MS ProStar 30m, 12vdc @ 240 AH - Internal lighting & 12v Shurflo pump at farm.
270 watts, Beta Kid, 12vdc @ 120AH - Back up internet, computer, during weekly power cuts.
100 watts, MS Sunlight 10a, 12vdc @ 50AH - Exterior LED perimeter lighting at farm.

CDN-VT

Dang sending out now , I have mine built ready to receive .. a brat !!!

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

onanparts

My Beta BRAT will see some action tomorrow after it's wired up.  :)

I do have a suggestion....for the + terminals on the label put a + there instead of the - that is next to all terminals.

Too many people just don't READ, or for that matter may not understand English.  The printed + and - on the board/label makes it "almost" idiot proof. I did say, almost..... :)

My modified BRAT label, before/after.
I got the deluxe kit, it had a solar cell and a meter.

Midnite B17-10. 50kW Cont. 150kW Surge... Me/Myself/And/I

CDN-VT

Quote from: WizBandit on January 23, 2015, 10:25:25 PM
Yea! My beta Brat was delivered today!

How did you pay for the Beta Brat ?? I did receive an e-mail , long time ago , but that was it.

VT
Canadian Solar 350W 37.6 VOC  30.6 VMP 8.22 ISC 7.87 IMP ,-15 c +30c max  4 strings in 2 in Series for 24v Classic 150 -1020 Ah  Freezers & fridges ~~~ Second Array same panels of 3sx3 parallel for 24 V Classic 150 -440 Ah Outback Barns & out blds.
48Vdc almost done,11Strings up of 3s11P same panels

brad.midnite

That's a great observation! I will forward this on.

Quote from: onanparts on January 26, 2015, 11:10:02 PM
My Beta BRAT will see some action tomorrow after it's wired up.  :)

I do have a suggestion....for the + terminals on the label put a + there instead of the - that is next to all terminals.

Too many people just don't READ, or for that matter may not understand English.  The printed + and - on the board/label makes it "almost" idiot proof. I did say, almost..... :)

My modified BRAT label, before/after.

Doug

Always trying to make things as clear as possible. :)
The attached jpg is about what it would look like.

Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

Doug

Halfcrazy

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

onanparts

Quote from: Doug on January 27, 2015, 07:10:23 PM
Always trying to make things as clear as possible. :)
The attached jpg is about what it would look like.

Thanks for the input and keep it coming.

Doug

That looks nice but........polarity's not be jiving.

Westbranch

I think his avatar is winking at us  :o
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

onanparts

Quote from: Westbranch on January 27, 2015, 07:48:35 PM
I think his avatar is winking at us  :o

Maybe.... :)

Speaking of winking, my BRAT's Orange LED is winking right now. Been in absorb the last half hour or so. Since the Sun is hiding behind the clouds lately my 48V battery is standing in. 12V deep cycle is on the other side and sitting at 14.7V during absorb. Manual says it should be closer to 14.4?

Doug

I wondered if anybody actually looked at attachments.  ::)