What is the voltage out of the LOAD terminal?

Started by New KID On The Block, November 05, 2014, 10:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New KID On The Block

my output to the battery bank is nominal 24v. My open input is 6 x 22.5v.
I'm confused as to what voltage is the output to LOAD terminal? Is the output configurable?

thanks!

Westbranch

Well I did not find a definitively stated voltage, but , it depends on the battery voltage , see the bottom of page 15 in the manual, there is a  max of 400 Watts... so  if a 12v system then you will see 33.333 A max,  at 24v and 400 W, 16.66A.. from what I read the max V will be whatever the CC is sending to the battery.  there is no mention of configurabillity that I saw....

hth
KID FW1811 560W >C&D 24V 900Ah AGM
CL150 29032 FW V.2126-NW2097-GP2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3Px4s 140W > 24V 900Ah AGM,
2 Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr, NetGr DS104Hub
Cotek ST1500 Inv  want a 24V  ROSIE Inverter
OmniCharge3024  Eu1/2/3000iGens
West Chilcotin 1680+W to come

New KID On The Block

Quote from: Westbranch on November 06, 2014, 12:06:26 AM
Well I did not find a definitively stated voltage, but , it depends on the battery voltage , see the bottom of page 15 in the manual, there is a  max of 400 Watts... so  if a 12v system then you will see 33.333 A max,  at 24v and 400 W, 16.66A.. from what I read the max V will be whatever the CC is sending to the battery. there is no mention of configurabillity that I saw....

hth

thanks Westbranch for your input. So it sounds like it's going to be around 24v for my system as I'm hooked up to a 24v battery bank.

The reason I ask is because I was contemplating adding a small DC computer fan, connected to the LOAD terminal, on top of the heat sink of the KID. But I need to figure out at what voltage the load terminal outputs to be able to decide what fan to purchase.

Highflyer

The load is limited to 30 amps regardless of the voltage.  I am seeing +20 amps to my load running at 24 volts (27.3) using the "Float on" mode.

I'll check my load to see what voltage I see when it is powered.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Vic

The Load terminals are at the battery voltage,  with a small voltage drop in the FET  switches -- the smaller the current drawn from these terminals,  the less drop in the FETs,  and therefore the closer to battery V is the voltage.

In My Opinion.    FWIW,    Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

New KID On The Block

Quote from: Vic on November 07, 2014, 04:06:52 PM
The Load terminals are at the battery voltage,  with a small voltage drop in the FET  switches -- the smaller the current drawn from these terminals,  the less drop in the FETs,  and therefore the closer to battery V is the voltage.

In My Opinion.    FWIW,    Vic

Yes, that's the info I was looking for. Basically I needed to know if I can run a 12v DV fan from the LOAD given that I have a 24v battery bank connected to the KID. I suppose it'll still work but the fan will probably be running extremely fast and making too much noise.

Doug

[/quote]

I suppose it'll still work but the fan will probably be running extremely fast and making too much noise.
[/quote]

Yeah, but not for all that long. Then it'll go quiet.

Highflyer

I agree with Vic,

I checked my load voltage and it is 26.9 while the batteries are 27.4 in float.  I get the same 26.9 wether I am using float on or PWM divert.
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

New KID On The Block

Quote from: Highflyer on November 11, 2014, 02:12:30 PM
I agree with Vic,

I checked my load voltage and it is 26.9 while the batteries are 27.4 in float.  I get the same 26.9 wether I am using float on or PWM divert.

Highflyer, thanks for checking.