80 Amp DIN Breakers?

Started by NeilK, January 27, 2011, 05:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilK

I was wondering if Midnight Solar is planning to offer any din breakers higher than 50-amp (for the 300 volt model) now that their new Classic CC is out? Unfortunately my box doesn't take post mounted breakers.

-Neil

Doug

Hi Neil,

There are no immediate plans to offer higher than 50 amp for the 300 VDC breakers.

Doug

NeilK

Any plans for higher than 63 Amps for the 150 volt ones?  Looks like I may have to grab the MNEDC quad box...

-Neil

Doug

Neil
The DIN rail breakers are currently only available (to us also) up to 63 amps.
We do offer panel mount breakers for higher amperages although, as you said that would require you to use another box.

Doug

keyturbocars

That MNEDC Quad is a great little box.  I've bought 2 of them.  Nice to be able to have breakers as high as 100 amps in a small package.

Edward

DavidN

I'm new to this forum but have been letting a beef brew for a while.  The MNEDC Quad box is simply too small.  I'm old (but definitely still kicking), my hands are tired, worn out and hurt when it's cold or damp and there's just not enough room to work in these.  I've been looking around for an alternative solution but can't find one.  Maybe if the front face could swing forward on a simple hinge it would make it easier; or if they were simply twice the size.

Halfcrazy

How about a Mini DC Disconnect? They can be had in a standard version that will hold 3 panel mount breakers or the Plus version that holds 6 panel mount breakers. They come with or without a battery breaker and the front door swings open. They come setup so you can use either din rail or panel mount breakers here is a link to the plus version. http://www.midnitesolar.com/productPhoto.php?product_ID=233&productCatName=MINI%20-%20DC%20DISCONNECT&productCat_ID=8
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

nigel

HC , I was´not aware that the MN Mini Dc is now available without the main DC Battery breaker, can you confirm this.

Regards Nigel

Halfcrazy

Actually I misspoke on that We can not sell the Mini DC without some breaker in there. We can sell it with our adapter and a smaller surface mount breaker in there though.
Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

DavidN

Breakers on the side are a problem in many applications.  I understand the limitations here with the studs on the backs of the breakers.  Can a box be manufactured from a MNDCplus case and simply provide punched openings to panel mount breakers to the front cover?  If we dress the wires nicely in this much more spacious box the door can open and close without a problem.

zynatlinnck54

I need breakers higher than 50-amp (for the 300 volt model) for my new power plant project. can you suggest me something?

Robin

We have an 80 amp/300VDC panel mount breaker in stock. 1.5" wide. Not sure if it is on the price list yet, but we do have it. It was bought for the MidNite Clipper project. That project is in the works, but the breaker can be purchased now. If it is not on our price list, then e-mail walter@midnitesolar.com for pricing and a dealer.
Robin Gudgel