Firmware Revision Number: Revision 2056, released on 8/19/2015 - keep trying !

Started by ClassicCrazy, August 20, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halfcrazy

So 2050 was to remove menus for the Classic Lite, Sadly boB compiled in Debug mode so it showed it was missing a .dll file
So 2054 was sent out to fix that but was compiled in 64 bit
So 2056 was rolled out.

The issue here is all 3 of these have the OLD Ethernet code so any fixes Andrew had are not in here because sadly we are behind on the New My MidNite server

I was hoping we would have had My Midnite 2 done and wrapped up by now.

Sorry for all the delays and rapid fire updates. If I had a regular Classic I would not bother to update to these new code revisions as they are simply for the SL

Changing the way wind turbines operate one smoke filled box at a time

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 24, 2015, 05:22:43 AM
So 2050 was to remove menus for the Classic Lite, Sadly boB compiled in Debug mode so it showed it was missing a .dll file
So 2054 was sent out to fix that but was compiled in 64 bit
So 2056 was rolled out.

The issue here is all 3 of these have the OLD Ethernet code so any fixes Andrew had are not in here because sadly we are behind on the New My MidNite server

I was hoping we would have had My Midnite 2 done and wrapped up by now.

Sorry for all the delays and rapid fire updates. If I had a regular Classic I would not bother to update to these new code revisions as they are simply for the SL

Ryan, 

Thanks for the update. It would be helpful if you or someone from Midnite would post the particulars about an update before/as they are being posted to the software tab on the web page as current production firmware.  I know you have to get updates out fast when it includes functionality for new models, but a little communication would be a big help since we have been waiting a fairly long time for what we hear are fixes/improvement to the network discnnects.
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000
Off Grid on Houseboat Lake Don Pedro, CA

Halfcrazy

Well the network code is likely still going to be a while. It is rolled into the new My Midnite server and Andrew is being pulled a few directions so I suspect progress on My MidNite 2 is going to slow down. Actually the behind the scenes is Andrew is actually working on the 3rd server for My Midnite and it is a much more robust scale-able solution.

Resthome

Thanks for the update Ryan. Is this a network fix only for MyMidnite or will it help/fix the LA disconnects also?
John

10 x Kyocera KC140, Classic 150 w/WBJr, Link10 Battery Monitor, 850 AH @ 12v Solar One 2v cells, Xantrex PROwatt SW2000

zoneblue

Ryan, in that case could midnite seperate the core network stack fixes and just do a release for that seperate from the mymidnite stuff.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

boB

Unfortunately the fixes that you guys want (as far as I can tell) are in the my midnite 2 code and
cannot be folded into the MM1  code.

Dam.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

atop8918

MM is part of the core network program and unfortunately cannot be easily separated. I had my Microsoft hat on while building the update and screwed up. I also assumed that I'd have MM2 up and running by now but the SL units popped up and I have a lot of production support to handle at the moment.

Halfcrazy

We should have 2 versions of 2056 soon. One for MM1 and one for MM2. Again I apologize for the delay on MM2

Resthome

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 31, 2015, 05:34:37 AM
We should have 2 versions of 2056 soon. One for MM1 and one for MM2. Again I apologize for the delay on MM2

So if we are not a user of the either of the MyMidnite web pages new (beta) or the current one do I understand correctly that we could use the MN2 firmware with the LA or do we have to stay with MN1? And will the Network version number be different or some way we can identify which firmware is loaded.

Just trying to get an understanding as we are leaving for the lake for two weeks and this will probably be the last long trip to observe the Classic in action this year. So if MN2 can be used with the LA and has the network fixes I would love to have a chance to take it with me when we leave so I can try it out.
John

Jacotenente

With all this talk of Firmware updates and network stuff...will my two Classics be able to talk with my Outback Power inverter/Mate 3 (Optics RE)? It would be excellent to have data from the Classics (solar power watts for example) to be seen on the Optics RE screen. Or is this too much to ask?

zoneblue

6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100

zoneblue

Quote from: Jacotenente on August 31, 2015, 04:26:56 PM
With all this talk of Firmware updates and network stuff...will my two Classics be able to talk with my Outback Power inverter/Mate 3 (Optics RE)? It would be excellent to have data from the Classics (solar power watts for example) to be seen on the Optics RE screen. Or is this too much to ask?

Thats never been on the cards as far as im aware. There are just so many permutations of different manufacturer gear (usually with proprietary protocols), and when these sorts of things come together its when some specific joint venture /cooperation emerges, usually driven by a particular project or large customer.

How is Optics RE working out for you anyway. How long have you been using it, and how stable do you find it?

On the other hand some of us are working on blackbox type projects to get mate3/axs to talk to midnite centric monitoring systems. Ultimately we are all hanging out for the midnite inverters!

dgd

Quote from: Halfcrazy on August 31, 2015, 05:34:37 AM

Thats going to be interesting. Hopefully not another level of obfuscation that ends up creating busy signal phone support at MN.
Since you are going that path what about an Occam's razored version that just removes all reference to MyMidnite from the ethernet code?

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

dgd

Quote from: zoneblue on August 31, 2015, 04:44:33 PM
Ultimately we are all hanging out for the midnite inverters!

Hmmm, not heard anything yet about the MN inverters, have you?
Powerjack boards arrived today so not too long now for a 6Kw 48V 230Vac 50Hz inverter.

A fast tracked inverter from MN who make the monster toroid transformer, make the container, use chinese PJ power electronics, interface an MNGP to it for stats reporting, setup etc.  Now that would be a winner  8)  but maybe more chance of a porcine squadron overflying my PV array  ::)
dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand