How to read modbus data through RS485 at serial terminal using Arduino

what are functions I need to use
0 (0%)
Is there any mistakes are in my code
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Manjunath

Hello,

I am suffering for last few days to read Mod-bus data of Energy meter -EN8400(model no:).
I trying your libraries,but there is a no luck for me to show data on terminal.

I want see the data on serial terminal that's it.

I can see the data ,if I connected MOXA 1130 to Energy Meter-EN8400 (USB to RS 485 converter) by Mod-bus tester software.

Please help me I attached the code also

dgd

I think you have posted this question in the wrong forum.
The author of the Arduino SimpleModbus libs is (was) available in the Arduino forums that can be accessed from the Arduino IDE.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Manjunath

Dear dgd,

I am new to work on arduino OK .why you think like that my question can answer by any forum, but I expect answer thats it.I know it is simple answer.
I want read modbus rs485 data from arduino and show it on serial terminal.
Do want to help me? you can please.
---- Manjunath

dgd

You are in the wrong forum, you have said you are new to Arduino and in the IDE Arduino forums there is a forum just for new users questions. There are many people there much more knowledgeable than me.

The Simplemodbusmaster library comes with example programs that show how to read data from an rs485 connected modbus slave device (which I assume your power meter is) and display it using the Arduino serial monitor.
If you need help with SImplemodbusmaster then ask in the IDE forums and the author of the lib may be able to help you

I cant really help you with this as I know nothing about the power meter.
If you have any questions with interfacing an Arduino to a Midnite Classic or KID controller then this is the forum to ask those questions.
good luck with your Arduino project  :)

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

Manjunath

Dgd sir,

By your inspiration I have completed the task successfully ask me how? the answer is I have follow your solution giving to "WillEert " see the site : http://midnitesolar.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2328.30
I have checked so many simplemodbus libraries but my bad luck and even I tried your instructions and solved my problem.
I have not continuously getting the data when press reset button only I got the data what is reason can you guess?
---- Manjunath

paul alting

6 x 200W PV into home-brew 6 stage MOSFET charge controller : Microhydro 220Vac 3 phase IMAG
8 x 400Ah LiFeYPO4 Winston : Latronics LS2412 inverter
QuadlogSCADA control and monitoring system : Tasmania, Australia : http://paulalting.com