Firmware 2079

Started by ClassicCrazy, December 01, 2015, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

offgridQLD

I had the issue today with the blank MNGP screen after I tried to update to 2079

I stated another thread in the classic section with more details http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=2934.0

Basically the classic updated fine (can see it through local app showing REV 2079) So ok there but my MNGP is all black and after several tries to update it that all show successful each try. I still have the blank MNGP screen hardware VMM didn't help.

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

australsolarier

i updated 2 midnite classics about a month ago via the new windows 10 updater. super easy to do. but now i experience that ten day cycle where it disconnects to the status panel and needs rebooting to reconnect.
i suspect there is a timer there somewhere in the software used for something different and then effects the lan to status panel.
i didn't seem to disconnect to the mymidnite site.

offgridQLD

Yes the windows 10 app is super easy to use just didnt work on my MNGP . Windows xp laptop worked first go.

That 10 day disconnect  from ( status panel ) are you talking about  from the midnite local app on your PC that it disconnects, Or the MNGP?

Kurt
Off grid system: 48v 16x400ah Calb lithium, Pv array one  NE facing  24 x 165w 3960w, Array two NW facing 21 x 200w 4200w total PV 8200w. Two x Classic 150,  Selectronic PS1 6000w inverter charger, Kubota J108 8kw diesel generator.

australsolarier

from the midnight to the status panel application. the signal travels via two switches between each other. before it occasionally cut the signal, but stayed on for months at a time. (the mymidnite over the web seemed not to be affected, at least this time)
there is another bloke here on the forum that has that 10 day problem.

boB

offgridQLD, Kurt... 

Did you try turning WEB ACCESS  (My Midnite)  OFF and see if it does not hang ?

I think there may be a problem there.

As for the blank display, sounds l like you might need a new MNGP ?

OR, maybe it did not quite get updated firmware properly ?  That can also do it.

You might try updating the MNGP firmware again if you haven't already.
boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

australsolarier

boB,

yes he updated with an old laptop windows xp? and solved the problem,
see that other thread Kurt split off

http://kb1uas.com/mnsforum/index.php?topic=2934.0

offgridQLD

Yes Bob, Turns out it was just the update not working properly on my windows 10 laptop. Not sure why as it all looked like it was going 100%I will save playing with windows 10 for another day  :).

My trusty old XP laptop saved the day and  updated the MNGP and as mentioned its all back to normal and working on 2079.

Thanks.

Kurt

australsolarier

i just installed 4 small voltmeters to my 12v system, one for each cell.
i intend to install 16 voltmeters on my 48v system

dgd

Quote from: australsolarier on February 25, 2016, 10:34:40 PM
i just installed 4 small voltmeters to my 12v system, one for each cell.
i intend to install 16 voltmeters on my 48v system

Wow! thats a lot of voltmeters, permanently connected so they will probably divert a lot of your attention as you are tempted to constantly check them.
Are they that accurate and identical to each other?  is each adjustable so they can all be synced together?
Because we are  talking about LiFePo4 cells where difference are measured in millivolts?

I should have thought a decent Fluke voltmeter and a once per month balance check with selective top up charging on low cells would be sufficient to maintain the bank.

dgd
Classic 250, 150,  20 140w, 6 250w PVs, 2Kw turbine, MN ac Clipper, Epanel/MNdc, Trace SW3024E (1997), Century 1050Ah 24V FLA (1999). Arduino power monitoring and web server.  Off grid since 4/2000
West Auckland, New Zealand

offgridQLD

dgd, I share the same questions.

Perhaps hook them all up to one cell at a time and see how they compare over the full voltage range your likely to see.

I would have them on a switch so they are not powered on all the time. Particularly if they are powered by the cell it's self? If so each will have a slightly different consumption and could actually contribute to imbalance.

I use a Fluke 87v for general measurements and a HP 3457A 6 digit bench meter if things are more serious.

Consistency is usually what the less expensive meter lack. Particularly as temps change. The HP bench meter has a heater inside it that keeps critical components used as a datum reference at constant 40C to maintain accuracy.

Kurt

australsolarier

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC-0-33V-0-36-Digital-Voltmeter-three-Wires-5-Digit-voltage-Panel-meter-LED-Display/923042_841943079.html

i installed those voltmeters. each has its own isolated power supply. (isolated power supply is added to each VM)

that product does actually measure voltage fairly exactly. (i suppose you can read up the feed back of the product on their website) yes i understand your concern. i was comparing  them with the fluke multimeter. they are about 2 to 2mv higher than the fluke. i used them before , so i had a fair idea how exact they are. the seller is also very helpful and can answer questions, as they are directly sold by the manufacturers.

and yes it is probably going overboard. but it beats having to stick the prongs of the voltmeter through holes in the polycarbon protecting sheets of the gbs lifepo4 battery. and i prefer spending the money that way rather than on beer or cars.

it is all a bit experimental. it will be interesting to see what is happening when i balance the battery with the bms circuit board.

offgridQLD

That all sounds fine then :)

Kurt