Local App for WhizBang Jr

Started by Resthome, October 22, 2013, 10:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boB

Quote from: Tons001 on November 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM
Is it possible to add "net amp hours" to the next revision of the local app? Thanks.

We are going to try to do that.   Not sure when that will be but that really does need
to get on that app.  Another addition is to be able to set the Classic's clock and calendar.

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: boB on November 04, 2013, 09:36:49 PM

We are going to try to do that.   Not sure when that will be but that really does need
to get on that app.  Another addition is to be able to set the Classic's clock and calendar.

boB

Being able to set the clock would be great. For some reason my Classic still will change back to year 2000 after some firmware updates . 
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

atop8918

Yup, got a list as long as my arm of things to add to the local app...once I clear up the half dozen other tasks deemed higher priority I will definitely get to these!

Mikes's starting to work on the Local App too: he's got some great surprises for everyone and he might eventually be able to roll these improvements out faster than me as his plate's not so full...yet!

Sorry for the wait,
-A

atop8918

Ok,
Just released version 0.3.32 of the Local app. This one adds Net Amp-Hours to the Status screen and also adds WBJr. mode to the AUX2 config so that you don't have to do a little dance when configuring.

-A

crunnells

I keep getting update notifications from the Local App, but every time I try to update it it fails. It shows the "Update status..." window for a minute or so with no bar, then it finally says it failed. Updating manually from http://www.mymidnite.com/?q=node/7 works fine, even if it's a little slow. 

Also I should note that the "Update Available" window in OSX has white text on a white background, so I can't read the release notes unless I highlight the text in the window first. It's not a big deal, but it's been like this for at least a year so I figured you weren't aware of it.

Otherwise, it's nice being able to see WBJr data in the local app! I'm helping my brother-in-law setup a PV system and told him he *needed* to get a WBJr to go with his Classic.

Tons001

Quote from: atop8918 on November 11, 2013, 09:35:11 AM
Ok,
Just released version 0.3.32 of the Local app. This one adds Net Amp-Hours to the Status screen and also adds WBJr. mode to the AUX2 config so that you don't have to do a little dance when configuring.

Loving the 0.3.33 app updates. You guys are the best! Thank.
8 Sopray SR-90 panels, MN Classic 150 w/ WBjr, Sunxtender 12v/305ah, Trimetric 2025a, Morningstar SureSine Inverters & RelayDriver, IOTA DLS-55

zoneblue

While you are at could you add ending amps by WBjr as well?

BTW on xp theres a bug on the update screen. When you go about, check for updates, when there is a update available in the white small window that annouces this, the text: "new update n.n.n is available" is colored white, and only readbale by highlighting it with the mouse.

oh yeah just like crunnels above.
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

atop8918

Yeah I'm sorry for the double update. I did a Homer myself there and added the wrong register to the status screen. 0.3.33 should fix that.

I'm also sorry about the white text on a white screen. I gave up trying to make the Adobe color scheme work. I'll try to get poor Mike to fix it.

"It’s the wild colour scheme that freaks me. I mean, when you try an’ operate one of these weird black controls which are labelled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to tell you you’ve done it. What is this? Some kind of intergalactic hyper-hearse?"

zoneblue

Andrew, that net amp hours register, its 4369?

//new localapp says net = -21 Ah
//classic reads
//4365 574  =dec 574 ??
//4366 0
//4367 64941 =dec 595 ??
//4368 65535
//4369 65515 =dec 21
//4370 65535 = just the sign?
//...then later, net = 1 Ah
//4369 1
//4370 0

It just goes up and down drifting further off as time goes by?
6x300W CSUN, ground mount, CL150Lite, 2V/400AhToyo AGM,  Outback VFX3024E, Steca Solarix PL1100
http://www.zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

atop8918

Maybe boB can jump in and explain which register is which?