Is it possible to pull Aux1/Aux2 current status via Modbus (Waste Not)?

Started by Syonyk, May 28, 2016, 10:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syonyk

I'm looking to modulate some opportunistic loads (BOINC compute) based on my panel and pack status.  I have a significant surplus of power during the day, and I'd like to modulate my compute demands based on how much excess I have (if pack voltage starts to drop, back off on compute so the panels and controller can keep up).

The "Waste Not" feature is perfect for this, but I cannot find in the specs or playing around where the actual status of Aux1/Aux2 are in the Modbus registers.

Am I missing something, or should I just do my own "waste not" logic based on set voltages and current voltages?

Also, is there an easy way to read maximum theoretical power based on the last MPPT sweep?  It would be useful to know, for instance, that I'm pulling 800W out, but the panels can produce 1200W in the current conditions.

Thanks!

ClassicCrazy

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

Syonyk