How do you take off the MNGP from a classic 150

Started by qrper, March 07, 2020, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qrper

Perhaps Stevie Wonder can see it, but I sure can't

I surmise that little button battery is either dead or not inserted correctly into the MNGP

I've been having issues with the local app, and needed to power down the classic 150, When started back up, the time and date a fubar. So, it looks like the battery is not holding data

and for the life of me, I can't remember how to open that MNGP.

If that procedure is in the manual, I can't see it.

thanks...
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

Vic

Hi Mike,

The cover for the MNGP,  is press-fit into the recess of the Classic casting.   Just rock it a bit,  and carefully pull it forward.   The battery,  is then visible on the lower-right of the PCB.

IIRC,  the battery is a CR-1216.

It is possible,  if this cover has been in place for some years,  that it may have taken a mechanical "set",  and might need  some extra pull,  applied.

73,  GL,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

ClassicCrazy

As Vic said - you can  pull it out - maybe gentle pry with small screwdriver will help.
I have my whole MNGP removed from one of my Classic and remote mounted - been so long since I did that I don't remember how. If the whole MNPG is out you will see some small tabs on side to pry the outter cover off to get at the battery inside ( also how you get in there to plug in speaker) .

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

qrper

Quote from: ClassicCrazy on March 07, 2020, 07:37:42 PM
As Vic said - you can  pull it out - maybe gentle pry with small screwdriver will help.
I have my whole MNGP removed from one of my Classic and remote mounted - been so long since I did that I don't remember how. If the whole MNPG is out you will see some small tabs on side to pry the outter cover off to get at the battery inside ( also how you get in there to plug in speaker) .

Larry

Vic, Larry,

Got it off, scared the snot out of me because the garage was quite cold, so the plastic wasn't too pliable.

However, that didn't fix the problem. (after I put in a new battery)
for some reason, this classic 150 decides not to talk to the local app. I'm no computer expert by any measure, but I know that checking connections, resetting routers and so on and so on will usually fix the problem.
Not so this time.

The only way I can get the classic to start talking to me is to shut it off and turn it back on. The whoa! The local app works.

only one computer on.

started this about two weeks ago.

Haven't added any hardware to the LAN. Ditto new software (I'm still using excel 2008)

Mike

A head scratcher for sure
System one: 7kWp w/ Trina 250 W panels @90 Vdc. Classic 150 to 16-6 V U.S batteries. Trace 5548 sine wave inverter.
System two: 6kWp grid tie with solaredge inverter.
System three: Midnite Brat, two 120 W Astropower modules, 100 Ah battery. Runs the LED streetlight in the back yard.

ClassicCrazy

Go to the network settings on your mngp and see if it is set to Static or DHCP.
Set it to DHCP if not ( I think you need to reset the classic for that to take effect)
Then on Local App click on Application and there will be a Configuration - make sure you click on auto detect  and also you can remove the old ones listed in there and let it rediscover the Classics again.
You can also  uninstall and reinstall the Local Status App in case that doesn't work for some reason.

Larry
system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

mike90045

I've got a bunch of solar gear on the router, and finally set everything to Fixed addresses. Much more stable in my situation
http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar

Classic 200| 2Kw PV, 160Voc | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph )| Listeroid 6/1, st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | midnight ePanel & 4 SPDs | 48V, 800A NiFe battery bank | MS-TS-MPPT60 w/3Kw PV

ClassicCrazy

Quote from: mike90045 on March 09, 2020, 09:02:03 AM
I've got a bunch of solar gear on the router, and finally set everything to Fixed addresses. Much more stable in my situation

Good to hear you got it straightened out - I have gone back and forth over the years between using static and dhcp depending on whatever issue crops up at the time . Whatever works !

Larry
system 1
system 2
system 3
KID / Brat portable

australsolarier

my 5 midnite classics are set on fixed addresses too