News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

LED Flashlight

Started by niel, January 20, 2017, 09:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleharbor2

Everybody has their own comfort level when it comes to new and unknown actions, or in this case purchases. Personally , as of today I have made 1132 purchases and have only had a handful of disappointing transactions. Ebay will always make it right whenever there is a problem. I'm not here to preach the virtues of eBay. I'm just relaying my own experiences.  As to the flashlight, if you turn it off while in high mode , yes it remembers where it was. I have owned one of these lights for about 3 years now and it is still working perfectly. The other two have given me no reason to think they are going to fail. The switches feel as firm as the older one. But you never know, right? Ill take my chances.
Btw I've had more than my fair share of high dollar Mag Lights fail or have batteries corrode and fuse themselves in, never to work again.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

niel

russ,
good to know that and i guess that puts a nail in the coffin on nearly all of them.

littleharbor2,
i'll shorten that to lh2 as i like to try and type faster than my snails pace. it's why all is in small letters too as anything that speeds up the process helps. no i'm not illiterate even though it might seem like it in this thread.

anyway, you hit it dead on about my greenness to it to the point of being gun shy. i think it will be a long wait for it to arrive too, which would drive me crazy. by chance do you remember how long it took for you and i'm not sure where you are even at? i'm in pittsburgh, pa btw. i'm so a little of this way and a little that way in my decision that it might pay for me to go both ways. i'm thinking the fenix immediately and the ones you pointed out can then take a slow boat from china. ;D going into details if i'm helped out on this ebay stuff is better done on the pm if you would be willing to give me the aid when i'm ready to take it on. i've got some doctors appointments coming up at a very tight time in the coming week or so and i'm not sure if the timing would go right. if you could semi walk me through what i'm seeing and what i should or should not do at what point it being you have a good deal of experience would be appreciated as it is the fear of the unknown that holds me back. yup, i'm that lost on it. too used to brick and mortar dealings i guess. :-\ ??? <<<<that's undecided and lost. i guess you understand now why i started the thread.

littleharbor2

Neil,  Gotta run out now but I just thought it might ease your mind a bit to know these flashlights are available by many USA based ebay  sellers. Typical shipping times for domestic orders usually runs 3-7 days.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric

niel

very good, lh2. we'll talk some more when the opportunity presents itself. 8)

ClassicCrazy

Neil - as others have said - Ebay guarantees your purchase.
Using paypal is the best way to do it.
I have made lots of purchases from ebay . Find what you want , list it by price and shipping lowest first, then choose Buy it Now so you don't have to see any auction stuff. At the left you will see where you can choose US only for those dealers. For the flashlights you will see that you can get the same things already in US and they will cost usually 3 to $5 more than getting it direct from China. 

When I order from China or overseas  sometimes it gets here in about 10 days but often takes 3 weeks to a month. I don't usually worry about it when I am buying things that cost a few bucks each . They arrive eventually ! When you get the stuff the sellers like you to go to your purchase history and leave feedback  - leave a nice comment and 5 stars because that helps others who are purchasing and their site too.

I recently ordered some soldering supplies - some got here in 10 days - others are still on their way. This time of year China pretty much shuts down a few weeks for New Years until February 5 everyone will be back in action .

You have caused me to order some inexpensive flashlights because I have been looking them up for you !
Larry

system 1
Classic 150 , 5s3p  Kyocera 135watt , 12s Soneil 2v 540amp lead crystal for 24v pack , Outback 3524 inverter
system 2
 5s 135w Kyocero , 3s3p 270w Kyocera  to Classic 150 ,   8s Kyocera 225w to Hawkes Bay Jakiper 48v 15kwh LiFePO4 , Outback VFX 3648 inverter
system 3
KID / Brat portable

russ_drinkwater

I was not bagging ebay!
At one time I was making adjustable stocks and kits for ruger 10/22's and ruger chargers and in the process consumed over 150 led torches
mainly on/off switches and some 3 position switch types.
I only ever had some 3 position ones come back out of the packages I sold.
A lot of my bulk purchases come from Tomtop in china and some from evil bay.
Yes paypal is the best way for protection especially now they have extended the period of protection on a purchase.
But putting it in a nutshell, for the money they charge for the lower end products you would be crazy to spend anything over $30 US on a torch as the cheaper ones will last as long and you can buy more and store for ron (later on).
Can relate to the maglite with leaking batteries  :'( :'( :'(
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters

niel

russ,
no problem, but the point is true that if cheap parts are used that the switch would be most vulnerable to damage due to it moving. even a good switch can wear out if pushed enough times. if they ever come up with a good alternative way of switching without movement or physical contacts they'd have the majority of problems licked. i don't see that happening none to soon. this is partly why i am asking for advice here as steering me to known good products is a plus. the ebay guarantee is nice, but how many actually follow up if the item is so cheap in cost to begin with?

niel

niel

Quote from: CDN-VT on January 30, 2017, 12:13:09 AM
Get over IT !!!
Cheap Neil !!!! Buy a setup , that's cheap & decide !!!

Ya are starting to sound as a twin tail .
Yur lucky in your country , you have better rights (cuz if not , you can nuke em) while In CDN, Nada !! so they sell us seconds !!!
You have grown up , but learn't you need!
VT !

what's your problem? you don't like my trying to make up my mind with the aid of others then move on and keep your opinion to yourself if you can't help.

edit to add-you've got problems you need to talk to a professional about.

ralph day

I think Nigel must have been having a bad day.  Or a stroke affecting his language centres:)

niel

he keeps this up and he may have a stroke. i suspect high blood pressure, but definitely mental problems.

littleharbor2

Looks like another "Sunking" for anybody who knows who he is.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric

niel

naw, sunking is in a class by himself and russ over there protects him as if he owes him his life.

niel

settled for now, i hope.

russ_drinkwater

Ok, what did I do???? Sigh!
Standalone. 20 Hyundai x 220 watts panels, 2 x classic 150's, Latronics 24 volt 3kw inverter, Whiz bang Jnr, 12 Rolls surrete  4KS 25P  batteries and WBJ.
Grid tie feed-in, 12.5 kw in 3 arrays generating 50 kws per day average. Solar river grid tie inverters