News:

To visit MidNite Solar click this link www.midnitesolar.com

Main Menu

ETA on B-17?

Started by grgdgreek, February 23, 2019, 10:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randaltb

Where can I get the b-17 specs.
i.e. Input and battery voltages available?

I'm looking at replacing 6+ Classic 150s, and two 12K inverters...
Not that I need too, but because would be cool to have the B-17 system.
** But a technical improvement reason would be good too. :)

If possible 96 volt battery bank and higher input voltages such as 300 plus would be sweet.

Vic

Randal,

The most formal description is here"
http://www.midnitesolar.com/pages/b17/index.php

FWIW,   Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

Randaltb

Thanks for the Link Vic.
I assume once they get closer to release there will be more detail.

Cheers
Randal

Highflyer

Rest in Peace Peter.  Thanks for all the efforts to make things better for us all.  I look forward to using the thinks you helped make better!
Brian

The one thing is the one thing

Nautilus

Just bumping this thread to see if any release date (or pricing) is imminent for the MNB17?

grgdgreek

Quote from: Nautilus on July 22, 2022, 11:46:21 AM
Just bumping this thread to see if any release date (or pricing) is imminent for the MNB17?
+1
Home:6*135w mitsu.10*175w shuko. 2* cl150.3*D400 turbines.
Rolls18*4v series 5000 545ah*3 .2*Victron 3000 multiplus inv/chg. 24v. Shop:28*185w shuko. Sunny island. Sunnyboy.Rolls 40*s530.48volt.Sunny web box.

littleharbor2

Two year old thread without
Quote from: FNG on October 15, 2020, 11:30:18 AM
boB said Mid Summer, but didnt specify what summer :)

I think we are looking more like Q1 of 21 for out of house alpha testing but we should no more in the next 2-3 months

This thread was started two years ago and this is the best info thus far??? What is going on?
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric
   Trace SW 4024 (brand new, sort of, first energized Feb. 2015)
  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4  Battery bank

boB

Quote from: littleharbor2 on July 26, 2022, 09:56:21 AM
Two year old thread without
Quote from: FNG on October 15, 2020, 11:30:18 AM
boB said Mid Summer, but didnt specify what summer :)

I think we are looking more like Q1 of 21 for out of house alpha testing but we should no more in the next 2-3 months

This thread was started two years ago and this is the best info thus far??? What is going on?

What is going on is that we are spouting out things before we should be.

Aside from saying things that we should not be saying, I suppose we are mentioning progress.

If you really want to see what is happening, if you are in the area, please come by and we'll try to show you why this stuff is not easy.

Thank you  littleharbor2  !

What ever happened to   littleharbor1 ?

boB
K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

littleharbor2

I really wish I could stop by. That would be a real treat. Unfortunately I live in Mexico so it's a bit of a commute.

Little harbor #2 is the campsite I camped at perpetually over about 15 years so I created my email address with it. Decided it works as my name on these solar forums.
Mike McCormick aka Littleharbor2
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric

boB

Quote from: littleharbor2 on July 26, 2022, 01:54:08 PM
I really wish I could stop by. That would be a real treat. Unfortunately I live in Mexico so it's a bit of a commute.

Little harbor #2 is the campsite I camped at perpetually over about 15 years so I created my email address with it. Decided it works as my name on these solar forums.
Mike McCormick aka Littleharbor2

Thanks Mike !   I knew a few people that moved to Mexico.  And we have several here at MidNite that cam from Mexico.  Great worker and people !

K7IQ 🌛  He/She/Me

littleharbor2

Oops, forgot to add Little Harbor is on the backside of Catalina Island/ I lived on Catalina for 48 years.
12 Suntech 175's
   Classic 200
   Bogart Tri Metric

Robin

Update from August 2022
Bob and Mike continue their quest to finish the inverter module. It is truly awesome. I had to ask Bob to stop for a bit to add Lithium menus on the Classic. Some people wanted that and it shouldn't take too long, but Bob wants to do a bit more.
So I moved Mike, the tech to the Barcelona department since we are actually shipping some of those and the Hawke's Bay now. We just finished a bunch of testing on the Rosie with ETL last week. Not totally done yet, but we did the hard tests. After ETL left we decided to see just what the Rosie was good for. We had to trick the over current protection in order to surge it beyond the limits designed in. We got a real honest to goodness 20,000 watts out of one Rosie for a short burst. Then at 22,000 watts we broke some fets. This thing is really powerful! I was surprised when we did a 14,000 watt surge and saw it was still regulating at 241VAC. Typically inverters will droop at that kind of overload. The Rosie didn't care. The ETL testing showed we have a 7000 watt inverter with a 120 amp charger. Both of those figures will increase in the future. I am guessing at least 7500 watts and maybe 8000? The charger may be able to go to 150 amps. We are just in our infancy with the Rosie. We can already sell as many as we are able to build just into the RV industry. We don't want to dedicate all of our production to the RV industry though as people are going to want the Barcelona and Hawke's Bay to go with their Rosie. We have $millions of dollars of parts in house now for these new charge controllers, so it would be a real shame to dedicate all production to the RV industry. We start production in October on the Rosie.
We are also working on an inverter called the Little Rosie. That one is specifically for the RV industry. It should be high volume.

So back to the B17, I expect we will ship some beta units this year. We still need Justin's board (communications) before we can ship. The inverter is mostly done now. Bob needs to finish the charging part of it. Mario needs to get his MPPT modules done too. Mario has been up to his eyeballs getting the Hawke's Bay and Barcelona into production. The B17 MPPT is basically a Barcelona, so we do not expect a lot of problems.

So, by the end of this year we should see units going out for beta testing. Production will begin as soon as bugs are mostly worked out. Code can be updated in the field so not all features need to be finished. One feature we do need to finish is to be able to update code in the field. That isn't done yet.

We are showing the B17 at SPI in Anaheim this September. We have a great live demo of its capabilities as it exists today. Please stop by if you can. We do have some guest passes available too, so feel free to ask. We will pass them out until they are gone.
E-mail me personally. robin@midnitesolar.com
Robin Gudgel

Vic

WOW !!  Great progress report on many products, Robin.

Greaat work, as well,  getting parts into inventory.

Am anxious to get hands-on the 600 V Charge Controllers, and a Rosie, when it is time.

Edit to add:  Thanks to ALL of the MidNite folks for doing all of that hard work!  Sure sounds like it is all coming together.

Thank you very much for the update,  and have a great SPI,  that should be a lot of fun-work.
Take care, Vic
Off Grid - Sys 1: 2ea SW+ 5548, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH, 5.25 KW PV, Classic 150,WB, Beta Barcelona, Beta KID
Sys 2: SW+ 5548s, 4KS25s, 5.88 KW PV, 2 ea. Classic 150, WB, HB CC-needs remote Monitoring/Control, site=remote.
 MN Bkrs/Bxs/Combiners. Thanks MN for Great Products/Svc/Support&This Forum!!

UpNorthMan

1000W panels Kid CC 230ah battery bank @48v
Weekend cabin, 250w inverter.
Waiting for the new inverter to be released so I can finish my install!